Text-based bone correction

I have a morph I've made, and I recently realized the eyes are slightly out of place and too big. I need to reduce their scale and move them forward to be correct. I'm wondering if there's a way to make these changes easily, so I don't have to remake the whole morph. My idea is to just edit the text of the morph .dsf file in the /data folder to change the bone values, but I'm not sure what I need to fix. I tried changing the z center of one of the eyes to move it forward by the required amount, but this did nothing.

Comments

• Have you yet used ERC Freeze to link other chnages to the morph? If not you can use that, if you have then you would first need to ERC Bake to unlink the existing proerpty links, then freeze everything in one go.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95

Have you yet used ERC Freeze to link other chnages to the morph? If not you can use that, if you have then you would first need to ERC Bake to unlink the existing proerpty links, then freeze everything in one go.

I haven't tried another ERC freeze, because wouldn't that mean the eyes would have values added to their scale and z-translate dials when the morph is added? I want the morph to remain "clean," so to speak; all shape changes should be made by the morph dial itself. Would the bake process do that?
  • If you move the eyes then you are going to need to adjust the joint centres, so some kind of ERC is going to be unavoidable.

If you move the eyes then you are going to need to adjust the joint centres, so some kind of ERC is going to be unavoidable.

All right, then. If I can't edit the geometry or bones directly, it sounds like it'll be easier to just remake the morph. Thank you for your assistance!
  • I meant that if the morph moves the eyes, so you don't have to move them using the controls, then you will have to move the joint centres to match or they will not pose correctly - either way you are going to have to have some ERC links, the only question is which.

edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

I meant that if the morph moves the eyes, so you don't have to move them using the controls, then you will have to move the joint centres to match or they will not pose correctly - either way you are going to have to have some ERC links, the only question is which.

I understand that, I was just wondering if this procedure was possible to do through text editing, to make it relatively simple. Apparently it's not possible.

Post edited by gmm2 on
  • They are text files, so yes you could manually edit them - however, it would be open to error and quite possibly a pain.