DS render fails with image series

mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515

I just rendered a still frame from this animation, but switching to image series fails after rendering the first frame, giving me this msg in the log:

2023-02-11 19:48:43.109 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

Any idea what this is?

Notes:

1) After it fails, it does not close the renderer, so I'm unable to try again without closing and restarting DS. So far, it renders one frame and then fails every time I've tried it.

2) It seems to be tied to a specific file. When I open other scene files and render image series, it works fine.

3) I am noticing that whenever I open this scene it tells me I'm missing some files from Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. In uninstall then re-install, or just re-install and the re-installation appears to "take", but then the next time I open that same file it tells me to install Starter Essentials again.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on

Comments

• No matter how many times I try to re-install this, or uninstall then re-install I still get this error everytime I open the scene:

"One or more files referenced by the loading content is missing. The content may not appear or function as intended unless the files are installed. The products listed below provide one or more of the listed files: <Genesis 8 Starter Essentials link>"

Then for some reason in the error popup's "Found Files" tab it tells me that "The files listed below were found:"

----- (DAZ 3D : 42071) Genesis 8 Starter Essentials -----

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Genesis8Male.dsf

This is driving me nuts, and I can't get anything else done until I can get past this.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited February 2023

I now think this is unrelated to the "Starter Essentials" thing. I seem to be past that, but still get this error ONLY when rendering this scene file as an image series. I can render the frames individually as still frames but as image series it always fails after the first frame. I have also checked video memory usage - never exceeds about 13.6GB and my GPU has 24GB to play with. Going to see what happens if I try to render as a movie... NOPE, same results.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

I rendered an images series in DS 4.21.1.29 Public Build a couple days ago and didn't have any problem. You didn't mention what version of Daz Studio you are using. It seems like I remember some version having a problem with not releasing the memory used by the first image before rendering the second in the series. If that is your issue, two times 13.68 would exceed your 24GB. My scene was small. Does it work for you with a smaller scene?

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited February 2023

I'm running 4.21.0.5. Also I can render other scenes as image series (so far up to around 200 frames at least), just not this one.

• kylleerr86kylleerr86 Posts: 0

Same problem here!