iWave Nylon Stockings for Genesis 3 and 8; Need technical help

Experimenting with the Geometry Editor today I discovered a couple of unexpected behaviors with the iWave Nylon Stocking product.

First, I added two Genesis 8F figures to my project and applied the iWave Nylon Stockings to each figure. I followed the procedures to set the options for each figure as desired. Then, I selected the ‘Nylon Stockings G8F’ under figure two, then selected the Geometry Editing tool.

Next, I used the Drag Selection to select a ‘window’ of polygons in the upper thigh of the stocking on figure two; then clicked on ‘Hide Polygon’ to complete the ‘window’. Then selected the Node tool to exit from the geometry editor.

This is where it gets weird; the window was successfully created by hiding the polygons on figure two, HOWEVER, the window was also created on the stockings on figure one in the same place!

I want to create the window only on figure two without affecting the polygons on figure one. Am I missing something or is this to be expected with this product? Also, if any attempt to delete any hidden polygons from the stockings, DAZ Studio will CRASH. Thanks

Comments

• With the Geometry Editor you are editing the base geometry, which is used by both copies of the stockings. Another drawback is that you would need to rehide the polygons each time you reloaded the scene as the operation doesn't stick.

You could do what you wanted in two ways - either select the polygons, as now, and assign them to a new surface (right-click>Geometry Assignment>Create New Surface from selected) then make that group fully transparent on one figure but the same as the base surface on the other or right-click>Geometry Assignment>Create Group from Selected, then switch to the Joint Editor, right-click>Create>New Child Bone, and in Tool settings make the group you just created the Selection group for the new bone - that way hiding the bone on the second figure will hide the window. In simple cases either would work, but if the geometry to be hidden was more complex the second option might be better as it doesn't send the polygons to the renderer at all.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Product https://www.daz3d.com/nylon-stockings-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

If you load 2 characters of the same generation, to my knowledge they will share nasic mesh,  so you can't delete something on one without affecting the other.