I can't use the previous file material in the latest daz4.21

I used a previous version of daz 3d on my computer (I can't remember exactly, but it should be daz4.16 or something else), and I stored a lot of file materials. But my recent computer problem caused me to uninstall the previous daz, but when I deleted the previous daz 3d, I transferred all the files and materials in My DAZ 3D Library to my mobile hard disk, but when I installed After the new daz4.21, after importing the material from the mobile hard disk in my home to the computer, I found that the files in it could not be used, and even these stored files were not displayed on the daz interface. What should I do to restore the previous state? Thank you so much

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

When you say that they are not displayed, are you then talking of Smart Content or Content Library?

• siyaoli84siyaoli84 Posts: 22
    edited February 2023

felis said:

When you say that they are not displayed, are you then talking of Smart Content or Content Library?

Should be Content Library and Smart Content
    Neither are displayed. Previously I would use the Content Library in the previous version of daz. But now I can't see my files stored in the mobile hard disk (the previous daz material).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

What happens if you on your HD click the relevant duf-file?

• siyaoli84siyaoli84 Posts: 22
    edited February 2023

felis said:

What happens if you on your HD click the relevant duf-file?

The gray interface of daz4.16 becomes the black of daz4.21, after the duf file in the mobile hard disk is opened. None of the jpg files of the characters can be displayed, resulting in the character model being white. At the same time, the My DAZ 3D Library and my Library in the poser Formats can’t be used (I used the daz4. no way to display)

360截图20230212065226843.jpg
    1366 x 697 - 118K
    360截图20230212065338748.jpg
    1362 x 728 - 127K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

What does your Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager > Dax Studio formats look like?

• felis said:

What does your Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager > Dax Studio formats look like?

Yes, that's what it looks like. I still can't see my previous files in My DAZ 3D Library in poser Formats. In the previous file model, the jpg file has been missing, what should I do

360截图20230212080436763.jpg
    1364 x 706 - 106K

I think there is something with your libraries.

What does the log file say (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File) when you try to load the material.

• That can't be right - you have only My Daz 3D Library listed in Content Directory Manager, but your screen shot show two My Daz 3d Library and a My Library under Daz Studio Formats. You don't show the paths under Poser Formats at all, given that they are empty in your previous screenshot my guess would be that you have a spurious additional folder between the content directory and the Runtime folder.

• That can't be right - you have only My Daz 3D Library listed in Content Directory Manager, but your screen shot show two My Daz 3d Library and a My Library under Daz Studio Formats. You don't show the paths under Poser Formats at all, given that they are empty in your previous screenshot my guess would be that you have a spurious additional folder between the content directory and the Runtime folder.

Hello, I don't quite understand what you mean, it sounds complicated, can you tell me, what should I do specifically?