textures flat in iray

hey everyone,

today I opened and older scene and found that the textures look flat in iray. I tried rendering it and it does look better. Could it be a viewport issue?

thanks!

Screenshot (329).png
1520 x 2159 - 2M

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Looks like you've turned on the denoiser and just aren't used to how it looks early in a render.

• The Iray Drawstyle is not identical to the render, it may also be that one of the differences accounts for what you are seeing.

• Spacious said:

Looks like you've turned on the denoiser and just aren't used to how it looks early in a render.

how do I turn it off?
  • The Iray Drawstyle is not identical to the render, it may also be that one of the differences accounts for what you are seeing.

from what I googled drawstyle is what we see in the iray viewport, us that it? if that's what you mean than I don't think that's what's happening because I opened a recently finished scene and the iray view doesn't look like that...
  • here is a comparison of what the viewport shows in more recent scenes... (these were taken with a phone). it has a certain "depth" to the skin and none of that strange blurriness.
    IMG_20221122_200236.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 5M
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

The Denoiser is In the Render Settings tab, under Filtering.  Post Denoiser is what it says.

• Spacious said:

The Denoiser is In the Render Settings tab, under Filtering.  Post Denoiser is what it says.

that was it! thank you so much! <3