Universal Tool can't be used with Pose Controls

MickeyHoMickeyHo Posts: 12

When a character is using Pose Controls, like Hip Bend, and you move his body parts with Universal Tool, his body parts get snapped to weird places.

Richard Haseltine said:

The jump when posing items is, or at least can be, a separate issue from the the issue with viewport navigation. The posing issue has been addressed, see the chnage log

Fixed an issue in transform tools (e.g., Universal Tool, Rotation Tool, Translation Tool, Scale Tool, Pose Tool, etc.) that caused them to suddenly “jump” if ERC driven properties (e.g., “pose controls”) were already applied

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_11_0_148

Supposedly this was fixed a long time ago, but it is still present.

Post edited by MickeyHo on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Can you describe how to produce that problem?

• Further and better particulars, please - I just tried applying some Hip bend to Genesis 8 Male , then tried posing the bones with the Universal tool using the Viewport Gizmo and using the sliders without any odd actions.

• MickeyHoMickeyHo Posts: 12
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Further and better particulars, please - I just tried applying some Hip bend to Genesis 8 Male , then tried posing the bones with the Universal tool using the Viewport Gizmo and using the sliders without any odd actions.

Well, I did exactly the same thing, and as you can see, I only moved the Upper Chest very little, and then he bowed all the way down and his legs were also moved. In the third photo, I pinned the pelvis, but the result was the same.

Edit: And I should also mention that I have tried moving in other axes by very little, same result. And I also tried other body parts above the pelvis, such as the hands or the head, same result. But moving the legs is fine.

Daz1.PNG
    1920 x 1043 - 366K
    Daz2.jpg
    1893 x 1036 - 334K
    Daz3.jpg
    1896 x 1042 - 331K
    Post edited by MickeyHo on
  • Ah, so you are dragging on the joint rather than using the rotation gizmo. The fix you quote was related to using the gizmo to set rotations etc., not dragging on the chain of bones. It at least seems to be resetting the hip rotation when I do that, so please report it as a possible bug (but make sure you are clear about what you are doing).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Ah, so you are dragging on the joint rather than using the rotation gizmo. The fix you quote was related to using the gizmo to set rotations etc., not dragging on the chain of bones. It at least seems to be resetting the hip rotation when I do that, so please report it as a possible bug (but make sure you are clear about what you are doing).

Sorry, where do I report bugs?

• File a Technical Support ticket https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• Richard Haseltine said:

File a Technical Support ticket https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Thank you.