2-2-2023 Octane Renderer Doesn't see My 4090 RTX in system/device settings tab

Since I installed my 4090rtx Octane can't see it. It Doesn't list it in the devices tab, thus I can't choose it to render, image or denoise. I can't check those options because there is no card their. Openning the preview window only causes it to show a rendor error. The Render bar just goes back and forth forever. because it doesn't know their is a 4090 installed.

What can I do to get the 4090 recognized. ?? My Octane render is only installing onto DAZ 4.21 pro and seems to be functional except for not seeing my GPU. 

I cant get Octane to install into the 4.21 beta public release , unless someone knows a way?

What's wrong?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Render engine not seeing the GPU is often linked to driver version. 

• cgmaxedcgmaxed Posts: 5
    edited February 2023

I have the same issue. My 4090 RTX is not showing up under the system/open device settings tab. Thus I can't check it as the renderer, image or denoiser. I sent a ticket to OTOYs support team. They told me to do a few things but so far no luck. If anyone has a solution to this or a reason why Octane is doing this in daz let us know. 

They jad me do a clean install of the NVIDIA DRIVER. That didn't work. The last thing they had me do,so far, is to send them a screen shot of a OCTANEBENCH test. I'll attach a pic. See Below. Is this good or bad?

OctaneBench.jpg
    802 x 557 - 145K
    Post edited by cgmaxed on
    edited February 2023

Here is the screen shot of the system/open device setting tab. As you can see, the GPU is not in the box.

Device settings.jpg
    2403 x 1582 - 852K
    edited February 2023

Here is the OctaneBench Benchmark results. THIS IS FOR A 4090 RTX. Is this bad or good?

OctaneBench.jpg
    802 x 557 - 145K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Does DS see your GPU if you are using Iray?

The RTX 40xx has just been released, does Octane even support it?

• Yes on both questions. I use my 4090 when rendering in iray. I watched it being used on a system app while rendering. 

regarding the 4090 being used with octane in daz, other people have been using it and it is seen in the settings. It works great for them.

I still have a ticket going with OTOY support. So far, no luck. They say it should work.