DS 4.21 not asking to locate missing images

DS will show me that files are missing, all of them are images for surfaces in this case, but it doesn't prompt me to locate them. Is there a setting that dictates this? I'm not seeing anything.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,187

Steel Rat said:

DS will show me that files are missing, all of them are images for surfaces in this case, but it doesn't prompt me to locate them. Is there a setting that dictates this? I'm not seeing anything.

As I recalled, if there was only one image missing, a dialogue would promt for you to relocate the file, did not work for multiple missing files... No setting for such a thing~~

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

crosswind said:

Steel Rat said:

As I recalled, if there was only one image missing, a dialogue would promt for you to relocate the file, did not work for multiple missing files... No setting for such a thing~~

I think it's related to missing all the textures for an item or just some of them. If DS can't find any textures, it asks where they are and points one into some random folder, but if only some of them are missing, it just gives a report.

• Steel Rat said:

Is this notice popping up when you open a scene file you previously saved, or when you load a model into a new scene?

• Escribano said:

Is this notice popping up when you open a scene file you previously saved, or when you load a model into a new scene?

It does it both ways.

• EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102
    edited February 2023

Steel Rat said:

Escribano said:

It does it both ways.

I recently installed Daz on a new PC. I have set up custom textures for a number of scenes, and when I open my old scenes on the new PC, Daz does ask me to locate the files. However, that comes a second step. The first thing that happens is a window pops up indicating there are files Daz could not find. On that first window the only option is "Okay." Daz will then process the scene further, and another dialog pops up asking if I want to locate the files or skip them. That repeats for each missing texture file.  After I locate all the files, a final dialog window almost identical to the first one pops up, listing all the missing files and giving an "okay" option to close it.

Are you only getting one pop-up window to notify you of the missing files?

Another question: Why are the files missing in the first place? Did you change the structure of your content folders at some point?

Post edited by Escribano on
  • Escribano said:

Are you only getting one pop-up window to notify you of the missing files?

Another question: Why are the files missing in the first place? Did you change the structure of your content folders at some point?

I get two, that say the same thing. one when while the scene is loading, and another when the scene is finished loading.

It was a scene with custom images on several items, posters, magazines, etc. So they weren't in the runtime structure. 

I have 4 machines I render with, all using a shared runtime. Only one is running 4.21, and that's the only one exhibiting this behavior. The rest are running 4.15