[SOLVED] imported .obj, Texture mode and PBR mode half transparent

arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143

Hello there,

I was trying to import a .obj (that is using UDIMs and textured with subtance). And I ran into a strange problem :

Texture mode and PBR mode turns transparent while IRAY mode seems right.

Any hint?

PS :

Everything, from .blend, to textures, including .obj is in a folder reachable by DAZ (both database and files).

Post edited by arthenics on

Comments

• Texture Sahded has issues with Z-ordering (stacking surfaces in order depending on how far they are from the camera) with surfaces that have an opacity map, even if the map says they should be opaque. Iray (and 3Delight) can of course cope. I was not aware that Filament (if that is what you mean by PBR) but, given that it is a performance issue, I would not be surprised if sacrifices had been made in this respect.

• Ok. Thanks. I was experimenting without real environment, not knowing where the problem could come from. I guess it deserves a bit of more tests, with environment, to check reflections on metalic surface (In IRay, it will show me if it comes from my textures or only some flaw in the other rendering tools).

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 143
    edited February 2023

UPDATE : 

There is a problem in IRay mode too, the reflection on metals doesn't work properly. I'm not too sure about how to fix that, neither where it comes from..

Any hint?

Post edited by arthenics on
  • UPDATE 2 :

Whatever I try the problem seems to be related to the export as .obj.

Blender to Blender, Substance to Blender, Substance to DAZ, Blender to DAZ, while the original model use opaque textures (be it in Blender or Substance), the transfer of the model with a .obj, turns the model to become half transparent. Any idea, hint?

• UPDATE 3 :

I've found the origin of the problem : the original mesh have a local alpha that is transfered to the whole mesh when exported as obj.