DIM - how do I change it to look like it did before?

I absolutely hate the new look of DIM, I want it to look like it did before. How do I change it please? It's totally messing with my ADHD and OCD

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited February 2023

The only way to do that is if you have an old installer with that layout but some things won't update because it requires the newest version of DIM I believe.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 956

So I'm stuck with the hideous thing that it is now? crying

• Which aspects do you hate? The action button will be getting shrunk and the abaility to hide columns added in a future update.

• Having been a member here for very close to 20 years. I have had issues with most updates. Some visual, some way more problematic. This update has nearly ruined everything that i had worked for years to have set up the way i liked it. I am 70. This is beginning to seem a futile endeavor. My DAZ library is quite extensive an i thought that could reset everything after the update but it was not installed to the directory that I thought it would be,  and it also would not allow me to work offline.   I am so tired of the many, and often nested files with the same names. I know wher my files are but I want to show the new install manager how to find them. Is there a visual directory that would show where to link my existing files to the new install manager location. It would be most thoughtful if you would allow the user to decide if or when an update would be installed. boo hoo hoo........ 

• SyxtySyx said:

Having been a member here for very close to 20 years. I have had issues with most updates. Some visual, some way more problematic. This update has nearly ruined everything that i had worked for years to have set up the way i liked it. I am 70. This is beginning to seem a futile endeavor. My DAZ library is quite extensive an i thought that could reset everything after the update but it was not installed to the directory that I thought it would be,  and it also would not allow me to work offline.   I am so tired of the many, and often nested files with the same names. I know wher my files are but I want to show the new install manager how to find them. Is there a visual directory that would show where to link my existing files to the new install manager location. It would be most thoughtful if you would allow the user to decide if or when an update would be installed. boo hoo hoo........ 

I'm not sure what you mean - I have worked offline with this version, and it hasn't made any pathing changes.

• I am not sure what I mean either. my first computer only had 125 mb hard drive. I can't for the life of me figure out why just one file download can be in the gigabytes. I have lost all of my data several times over the years and most recently was due to a lightning strike. So many times i have had to piece together my libraries from several back up sources and my paths are not normal for sure but I was still able to download to my preferred path. But i had my Daz Studio running while I had the install manager open to download. I had been using it offline to attempt to consolidate my assets. That had been working very well so when I connected, it "said" a new update was available, and would not allow me to use the Install manager online. when I said no, it shut down. So I reconnected and agreed to the update. When I reopened, it was nearly white and looked reall wrong, so I checked nuts & bolts and saw others where not happy about it. So. I tried to reinstall the old version. but it did not over write the new. when I use the Daz studio it shuts down by itself. If I use the older programs and just load my stuff manually I can still use it. I used to really enjoy the challenges that computers offered. But now, not so much. I will figure it out eventually. If my internet speeds were better I would just start over. Maybe I should take up a new hobby. Like dentistry, or wig-making, or raising chickens.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I truly appreciate the hard work that has been put into the Daz Studio, and also the artists who have made their products available here, as well. That is why I have stayed a member for so long.