[SOLVED] Subtle Distortion of Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female Figures

2»

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,624

Escribano said:

I downloaded the script and tried to use it, but nothing seemed to happen. Maybe I am not using it correctly. What exactly should happen after you select the figure and run the script? 

If you right click on it there should be an option to open in the "IDE panel" (or words to that effect). If you then click on (or open) the IDE panel it has an execute button at the top and console/feedback-window at the bottom that will list the output. 

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

Window -> Panes (Tabs) -> Script IDE
    Copy/paste script into window.
    Select figure.
    Click Execute button.

It takes about 5 or so seconds to gather the info and prints out any morphs that aren't zero as their default value.

For the G8F base character, I get 3 morphs that are turned on:

Executing Script...
    Lines: 3
    "Eyelashes Length Upper", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Eyelashes Length Lower", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Eyelashes Curl", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Real World", 100, 100
    Result:
    Script executed in 5 secs 87 msecs.

https://i.imgur.com/GdZLUP6.jpg

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited February 2023

For Genesis 8.1 base character, I get 4 morphs that are turned on:

Executing Script...
    Lines: 4
    "Legacy Eyelashes Length Upper", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Legacy Eyelashes Length Lower", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Legacy Eyelashes Curl", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Mouth Realism 8.1 HD", "/Actor/Head/Face/Mouth/Real World", 100, 100
    Result:
    Script executed in 5 secs 66 msecs.

If you see any morphs that belong to other vendors besides Daz, then they probably shouldn't be turned on.  I would call then rogue morphs.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Seven193 said:

For Genesis 8.1 base character, I get 4 morphs that are turned on:

Executing Script...
    Lines: 4
    "Legacy Eyelashes Length Upper", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Legacy Eyelashes Length Lower", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Legacy Eyelashes Curl", "/Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/Eyelashes/Real World", 100, 100
    "Mouth Realism 8.1 HD", "/Actor/Head/Face/Mouth/Real World", 100, 100
    Result:
    Script executed in 5 secs 66 msecs.

If you see any morphs that belong to other vendors besides Daz, then they probably shouldn't be turned on.  I would call then rogue morphs.

Thank you! I got it working. The script did not find any rogue morphs, unfortunately. Or maybe that's a good thing? I ran it on G8F and G8.1 F on both PCs, and found no suspicious morphs on either one. 

• SofaCitizen said:

Also, have you don the whole "show hidden and zero figure" on BOTH machines? It sounds like you did this on the 2nd with no difference to account for the figure being a little smaller but perhaps that is because the first machine that you assumed was the "correct" version actually has a default morph making things a little bigger and it is infact the second machine that is correct?

Brilliant!

I had NOT performed those checks on the old PC, because, as you said, I had assumed it was giving me the "correct" version of the characters. I sent one of my test files to a friend and had him render it for me. The result matched the image from my NEW PC, not the old one. 

I ran the "show hiden and zero figure" checks on G8.1 F on the old PC, and found a suspicious morph called "Nipple Fix". I turned out to be in a freebie by someone named Felldude, which I picked up at Renderosity in 2019. The freebie was supposed to be for adding freckles to characters, so I have no idea why the artist included morphs for nipples, let alone whatever else that morph was affecting - but he must have screwed up and made his morph affect all figures. I found another thread related to this freebie here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381301/freckles-duf-the-daz-snipe-hunt

Once I removed all the files for that morph from the Das library on my old PC, the model rendered exactly like it did on my new PC.

Many thanks for your help - and everyone else who offered assistance! :)

• Send out an update to fix 8.1, this happens all the time when you DAZ update something else.

JUST FIX IT!!!!!!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,570

gregadams-studio262 said:

Send out an update to fix 8.1, this happens all the time when you DAZ update something else.

JUST FIX IT!!!!!!

Fix what?

Daz cannot fix problems that are caused by morphs downloaded from other sources.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

gregadams-studio262 said:

Send out an update to fix 8.1, this happens all the time when you DAZ update something else.

JUST FIX IT!!!!!!

Geenrally this is a product issue, not a Daz Studio issue, and the fix is to update the morph or character that has a non-zero value on loading. If it is from a product then it should certainly be reported to the store (if Daz) or vendor (for other stores) once identified.

• teexmoteexmo Posts: 0

Hi, All!
    I have a similar problem (see the attached files).
    First image shows Genesis 8 base male figure.
    Second image shows the same Genesis 8 base male figure, after I installed something. 
    It looks like some pose and expression are automatically applied now to each character based on the Genesis 8 base male figure.
    How to figure out what is it?

test_et.png
    1080 x 1080 - 896K
    test_problem.png
    1080 x 1080 - 891K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

teexmo said:

Hi, All!
    I have a similar problem (see the attached files).
    First image shows Genesis 8 base male figure.
    Second image shows the same Genesis 8 base male figure, after I installed something. 
    It looks like some pose and expression are automatically applied now to each character based on the Genesis 8 base male figure.
    How to figure out what is it?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8002676/#Comment_8002676

• teexmoteexmo Posts: 0

teexmo said:

How to figure out what is Iit?

I solved this problem. It was a shape distortion appearing on all characters based on the Genesis 8 or 8.1 male base figure.
    Using Edit/Figure/Zero/Zero Shape returned the undistorted base Genesis 8 male figure, but not only the distortion was lost, but also all of the character's shape features.
    The script proposed here did not show anything suspicious.

So, I tried one by one, temporarily deleting the morph sub-folders of the installed characters in the \data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\ folder.
    After removing the character morphs "Percy For G8M by khoshekh" the problem disappeared.

Conclusion. Be careful. The installation of one character can affect all other characters and it may even be difficult to notice if the changes are not so obvious.