Saving as a Properties Preset Question

Is it possible to save as a Properties Preset, incorporating Shape, Pose, and Materials all in one? I thought it was, but if I click on Shape, and then try to click on Pose, Shape will no longer be selected. So, can I only save one of these options at a time?

If so, what if I were to save all three options separately for the same selected thing in a scene? If, in a new scene, I clicked on that thing again, and I applied one after the other option, would that work? Or, would this somehow confuse DAZ Studio and distort the thing?

Comments

• You should be able to include all the tabs, but you have to set the check box at the top of each in order to have its properties included.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,129

I honestly do not know what you mean. Set the check box at the top of each? I can only click one of those things at a time. I don't see a place above Shape, Pose, or Materials to be able to check all three.

And what if I did save 3 properties presets (which I'd rather not do, as it's more work), and then applied them later one at a time: would that work?

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited February 2023

Hi, inquire!

I just tried saving a Properties Preset for the first time.

Here's where I'm seeing the checkbox to select each tab.  It's highlighted in a red box on my screenshot.  Go to each tab you want to include and make sure it's checked.

Hope that makes it more clear.  I wasn't sure how to do it until I messed with it for a minute.

Lee

PropertiesPresetDIalog.jpg
    948 x 898 - 174K
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on

Hi, Lee:  Thanks very much for the info.

But are there checkboxes for Pose and for Materials as well? I know I can get Shaping just all by itself. I'll try again.

• You go through the tabs, set the checkbox to say you want to include some of those properties, select the properties you want, and then go on to the next tab - as long as you select the option to include that property type switching tabs won't clear the previous choices.

Ah, I see. Thanks, both Richard and Lee.

Now, what about the Properties Presets I recently saved? I'm not sure that all 3 got saved together. What if they were not? I do have 3 separate Properties Presets. What if I applied them one at a time: would that work? Would I then get Shape, Pose, and Materials? Or, would that confuse DAZ Studio and cause a crash or something like that?

• inquire said:

Hi, Lee:  Thanks very much for the info.

But are there checkboxes for Pose and for Materials as well? I know I can get Shaping just all by itself. I'll try again.

Yep, the Include checkbox will change depending on which tab is selected: Include Shaping..., Include Pose..., Include Materials..., and Include Other...

I just now used my test Properties Preset on a G8.1M character after I completely changed the pose, shape, and materials from the original G8.1M figure.  It applied the Shape, Materials, and Pose from the preset in one go. 

Lee

Thanks agan, Lee. How about in 3 goes, just in case I have Shape, Pose, and Materials in 3 separate Properties Presets? Would applying one on top of another work?

• inquire said:

Thanks agan, Lee. How about in 3 goes, just in case I have Shape, Pose, and Materials in 3 separate Properties Presets? Would applying one on top of another work?

I'm not sure about that, but would assume they would apply each property type with the end result being the same as saving one preset with all three selected.  Give it a try and let us know what happens. 

Lee

• leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

inquire said:

I'm not sure about that, but would assume they would apply each property type with the end result being the same as saving one preset with all three selected.  Give it a try and let us know what happens. 

Lee

Yes, if the prset didn't include proerpties (a whole group or selected items within a group) it will leave them untouched. That is true generally.

Well, I think I got them all in, because I had clicked on all three options. Good to know, though, that I only need to save one Properties Preset file with all three options (that is, if I want all three options). Thanks so much, for all of the help. Good to learn something new.