Public Shower Dark Renders

Does anyone have/use this set? 

https://www.daz3d.com/public-shower-bundle-pack

I've been trying to do a scene here but it always renders dark or fully black, not sure what im doing wrong and als owondering how you get the water to work 

Comments

• If you are using Iray you will probably need to do fresh lighting, and also rework the water materials - by its SKU it is going to have been set up for 3Delight, before Iray was added.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited February 2023

I have used it. I am sure I redid all the surfaces with Iray uber Shader and I had to work on the glass in the roof to let light in. If I remember correctly I had to do a fair bit of work on the overhead lights too to get them to light the scene.

Click on image for full size.

public-shower-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

If you are using Iray you will probably need to do fresh lighting, and also rework the water materials - by its SKU it is going to have been set up for 3Delight, before Iray was added.

Oh I see, I wonder if I could render in 3Delight and get a good high quality render 

• Fishtales said:

I have used it. I am sure I redid all the surfaces with Iray uber Shader and I had to work on the glass in the roof to let light in. If I remember correctly I had to do a fair bit of work on the overhead lights too to get them to light the scene.

Click on image for full size.

I see, any tips on using the Iray Shader and what to use on the surfaces and lighting  

I just run the Iray Shader on all surfaces and then play around with the sliders:) I know I had some difficulty with the tiles on the walls but that is all. It will be easier just to send you the scene file as you already have the product and you can look at the settings for yourself. I have attached it below.

duf
    duf
    public-shower-001.duf
    3M
  • Fishtales said:

I just run the Iray Shader on all surfaces and then play around with the sliders:) I know I had some difficulty with the tiles on the walls but that is all. It will be easier just to send you the scene file as you already have the product and you can look at the settings for yourself. I have attached it below.

If it has 3Delight materials only it may be relying on sub-polygon displacement (which Iray, of course, does not do) and have only one or a few large polygons for the floor.

Richard Haseltine said:

Fishtales said:

If it has 3Delight materials only it may be relying on sub-polygon displacement (which Iray, of course, does not do) and have only one or a few large polygons for the floor.

If I remeber correctly it wasn't the floor it was the shower tiles.

oconnordavid16 said:

I see, any tips on using the Iray Shader and what to use on the surfaces and lighting  

I just noticed there is a skydome, just delete it as it isn't needed :) 

• Fishtales said:

oconnordavid16 said:

I just noticed there is a skydome, just delete it as it isn't needed :) 

I only see the ps sky thing, deleted that but still dark  

• Fishtales said:

Thanks but this didn't work unfortunatly, it said couldn't find a load of things and loaded everything black  

• I opened the DUF file in Notepad++ (after unpacking it from the zip file Daz encapsulates it into), and did a serach-replace of all references to yaddayadda_med.jpg and the like to omit the _med part, saved a new copy of the duf, loaded the scene into Daz from that, and the textures loaded.  Well, most of the ones for the shower building.  I don't have the girl, the clothes she's wearing, certain other substituted shaders, or that HDRI he used.  I'm guessing the _med.jpg stuff came about because he ran some sort of optimizer app on the scene.

Anyway, I'm attaching the modded duf file, uncompressed.  (A standard DUF file is basically a text file inside a zip that is named the same as the textfile, but loads fine if its just the text version unpacked.)

Bah, it won't take the duf in text form.  Lemme zip it.

zip
    zip
    public-shower-01 - deMEDded.zip
    3M

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

I opened the DUF file in Notepad++ (after unpacking it from the zip file Daz encapsulates it into), and did a serach-replace of all references to yaddayadda_med.jpg and the like to omit the _med part, saved a new copy of the duf, loaded the scene into Daz from that, and the textures loaded.  Well, most of the ones for the shower building.  I don't have the girl, the clothes she's wearing, certain other substituted shaders, or that HDRI he used.  I'm guessing the _med.jpg stuff came about because he ran some sort of optimizer app on the scene.

Anyway, I'm attaching the modded duf file, uncompressed.  (A standard DUF file is basically a text file inside a zip that is named the same as the textfile, but loads fine if its just the text version unpacked.)

Bah, it won't take the duf in text form.  Lemme zip it.

Sorry, I forgot I had used the Texture Map Resize utillity on the maps to get it to fit on my 6 GB graphics card. 

• Yup, figured it was something like that. laugh The non-shrunk textures were where the asset was looking for the shrunk versions, so simply editting out the _med from the names in the scene save made it load the originals.

Anyway, I've loaded your scene and saved out materials presets for some of the parts so I can apply them into a couple scenes I was already using the public shower in.  Thank you for toiling away at making these work in iray.