How to install Daz Studio?

I had tried a few months ago but I had reconnoitered because of the following error "installation will begin after installation"

I thought that with time a fix would arrive but no, still the same problem.

Is it better to wait for a stable version or can we do without daz central? I have never managed to install daz studio with it yet.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Uou can use Daz Install Manager, DIM, https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

That is the elder install manager, where you have acess to more settings.

Daz later made Daz Central as a simplified version targeted new users.

• sulivaracesulivarace Posts: 16
    edited February 2023

... Which has the particularity of scaring them away, finally, that's the effect it had on me.
    sorry for that I couldn't resist but thank you for your answer but I already tried, I can download the files but nothing install, with this one, I have two errors.

The first (failed to download) or else it downloads the same file in a loop to return to the same point.I still managed to connect to daz by downloading it from this software but I got the faulted to connect CMS error when trying to connect in the daz studio software.

The other error occurs when install manager manages to download a file, other than daz studio."the file could not be opened for reading. This package cannot be installed".

I would like to try otherwise but I don't know if it's possible.

Post edited by sulivarace on

You must be aware of, if you have installed something from within Daz Studio, Daz Connect, then it will take priority over any other installation, even if it is not working.

When you are saying you can't install with DIM and/or Daz Central, do you then get an error message, or is it that you just not can access it in Daz Studio?

• I tried all the afternoon and I even started to learn a little the basics with some tutorial but with only the software and nothing else I could not go very far with tutorials since it was necessary to pack them genesis. But I love it anyway.

I would all like to uninstall (again) then reinstall only daz studio without install manager and daz central since I can't get these programs to work, is it possible?

If so, can I still access the store and download a pack if I buy one?

I tried with a free pack but it sends me back to install manager, is it possible to download them normally as an archive? like that I could do without these two programs by having access to the store. I've read it quite a bit, I think it's great to have paid offers full of little free content and I also saw that it was super easy to open my creations with ZBrush on daz.

• felis said:

You must be aware of, if you have installed something from within Daz Studio, Daz Connect, then it will take priority over any other installation, even if it is not working.

When you are saying you can't install with DIM and/or Daz Central, do you then get an error message, or is it that you just not can access it in Daz Studio?

So you just answered my question just before :).

Thanks, I thought it was possible to access these commands without using dazcentral or manager, so it's a bit like steam, one can't go without the other.

Well, bad weather for me, what I wanted was just to bring my creations to life in Zbrush.

Can I still download an up-to-date and legal version of Daz studio? Even if I don't have access to the store, which bothers me, a little but hey, I should be able to manage by creating my assets with zbrush. According to the tutorials I've seen, there's already a lot of possibilities with just that and I'd like to let go of my graphics tablet a bit to try something else.

You can install content using the following methods:

DIM, Daz Central, Dax Connect (from inside Daz Studio), and manual.

I think you can download Daz Studio as a package and install, but if I don't know where to find the package.

I have been using DIM all the time, and it has worked reliably for me. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

Nearly everything you have bought can be downloaded manually from your Product Library in your account.

I'm not necessarily saying this is the best way (I use DIM myself and have had few problems) but you can download Daz Studio as a .exe file (for Windows) or a .zip (for Mac) and run that installer manually - the files are here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176 - there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions so make sure you download the right one.

• I had forgotten, for daz studio itself which was downloaded from install manager.

"a valid postreSQL CMS connection will not be established. Several Daz Studio features that require a valid postgreSQL CMS connection, such as context-aware content views and loading installed content using the Daz Connect service, will not be established. not available Check your network, antivirus and firewall settings for conflicts.

That's it for the first one and I checked all of them and for the second one I just have a faulty login when I try to connect.

• MelanieL said:

Nearly everything you have bought can be downloaded manually from your Product Library in your account.

I'm not necessarily saying this is the best way (I use DIM myself and have had few problems) but you can download Daz Studio as a .exe file (for Windows) or a .zip (for Mac) and run that installer manually - the files are here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176 - there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions so make sure you download the right one.

Thanks very much !

So I will uninstall all with cclener and proceed this way with only daz studio to install.

• MelanieL said:

Thanks very much !

So I will uninstall all with cclener and proceed this way with only daz studio to install.

I just tried again to download something with daz install manager, always the same error ( this file could not be opened... )

Glad to hear that I can do without it too.

• Well I give up, I manage to install packs, in my library and they are present in daz studio and in logic I installed all the genesis then the starters but I can't open anything and I only have error messages, I will try my luck again in a few months.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

If you are getting "postgreSQL CMS connection" errors it seems likely that the installation was not done correctly. I don't know about the Daz standalone installer but via DIM it should install postresSQL alongside Daz Studio itself. This package is required for all the metadata/smart content parts and so Daz Studio will complain if it cannot connect to it as it is not designed to work without it.

It does sound like you either have a really bad internet connection or your antivirus is getting in the way and breaking stuff. I have only ever had one or maybe two zip files with that error message and it was down to slight corruption that was fixed by deleting the zip and re-downloading. Lot's of people have posted about various issues relating to over-zealous anti-virus so perhaps if that might be the cause you can try temporarily disabling the anti-virus while you install.

I would advise against trying to do things without DIM (or Daz Central I suppose) as you'd only be making things harder for yourself by having to do things manually before you have really learned how things work.

• So that's it, if a small connection makes the installation impossible then I can't do anything in this case, I live in the countryside and I have barely more than 1Mb/s. Anyway I can't install anything with DIM.

That being said, I had no problems with the other download managers, steam/gog/battle.net, etc...

It's not from the antivirus, I've already tried without and without parfeux the time of the installation but it doesn't change anything.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Well, that doesn't sound like the ideal situation - although if you are working with a very limited internet connection then I guess doing much with 3D will be tricky regardless - most 3D assets do require a chunky amount of space and all that data has to be downloaded somehow.

I can't say for certain if this is the cause of the issues you are having as while my internet connection can be a little tempermental occasionally it is generally quite good.  Are you able to maybe head to a cafe or library where they may have a better internet connection and wifi that you can borrow/use?

Also, if your connection is limited, if you did get Daz to install and function, it may very well be best for you to not use DIM or Central but instead use Daz Connect - it causes problems for may people but I believe it's one stand-out feature is that it can download "update deltas" - i.e. if a product is updated it can download ONLY the parts that have changed whereas the other installers will re-download the entire new package. Of cource that doesn't help if you cannot get Daz working in the first place.

It is a bit of a shame that these days you cannot purchase software on physical media anymore for those that cannot so easily download large packages.

• Yes it's really not practical but you get used to it, I use an external ssd and a secondary computer just to download during the night. Means that I must must be wrong before clicking on download.

Otherwise I found another culprit, my antivirus it delete the dlls from the DIM folder once it was installed without warning.

So I deleted it for another, it was panda antivirus.

Even disabling there was some process running in the background and it went away when I disabled them.

It works now and suddenly daz also, I even started the tutorials. (too well done!) On the other hand, I can't manage to connect Daz with my account, but DIM installs everything for me properly, so that's fine. I also tried the central daz again, the download crashes but it's the connection so I'll stay with DIM.

It was long but I finally got there.

Awesome! I'm glad you got it working.

Just a quick note - if you are using DIM then do not connect Daz Studio itself to your account - you should always work "offline". The reason for this is that by logging in to your account within Daz Studio itself you will activate Daz Connect which is another installer and updater that will cause conflicts with DIM.