Is there a way to speed up the re-simulation process if I only make a tiny change to the poses

Sometimes I am only making a tiny change, like move the arm a little bit of my character in the scene but found that I have to re-simulation from the starting A-pose all over again. Since each Dforce simulation of my scene takes me ~30min, I wonder if there is a way to start from the already simulated state to my new state, which saves the time?

Comments

• Unfortunately the simulation data is not retained in any way, so this is not possible. I'm not sure it would work even if that were not the case.

• tayloranderson2047tayloranderson2047 Posts: 116
    edited January 2023

Thanks!

Post edited by tayloranderson2047 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

tayloranderson2047 said:

Sometimes I am only making a tiny change, like move the arm a little bit of my character in the scene but found that I have to re-simulation from the starting A-pose all over again. Since each Dforce simulation of my scene takes me ~30min, I wonder if there is a way to start from the already simulated state to my new state, which saves the time?

Try setting "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" to Off and click Simulate.  It will simulate from the current pose. 

• [...] Dforce simulation of my scene takes me ~30min

As your hardware seems dated, keep in mind that anything that won't get into collision with your soft body doesn't need to be displayed. Any hidden body part or scene's object will not be part of the simulation, thus will speed it up.
  • Also note that not everything needs to be simulated. In Blender, you can very easily nudge things around to your liking using proportional editing, a good choice of fall-off and distance, and the right selection. Or the sculpting tools, including a mind-bendingly useful one called the Cloth Brush. Learning just enough Blender to be dangerous is probably the best thing a DAZ Studio user can do for themself.

• Lindsey said:

tayloranderson2047 said:

Try setting "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" to Off and click Simulate.  It will simulate from the current pose. 

Thanks! Where can I find this setting you mentioned?