Different layers of clothes poke through each other after Dforce simulation?

I guess this is a rather common issue with Dforce simulation, sometimes we have clothes comming with multiple layers like this one dForce Palace Robes Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) | Daz 3D. I wonder how to fix the issue that different layers poke through each other (not the body poke though the clothes, I think that is relatively easier to fix with fit control pluggin/morphs) when I make a pose of the character and simulate the scene. What setting of simulation should I use?

I found Mesh Graber is quite hard to use in this case (after the simulation), oftentimes I find myself grabing the wrong layer of clothes (very hard to control with mouse!) and overgrabbed them a lot!

Post edited by tayloranderson2047 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Have you checked that the clothing is not clipping when you start the simulation?

If it then clips during the simulation, you can increase substeps, although that will slow the simulation down.

• Have you checked that each part has a different layer setting, in the Surfaces pane?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Have you checked that each part has a different layer setting, in the Surfaces pane?

Let me show you screenshots: Yes they have different layers setting but still you can see from the left the poking-though simulations. But I guess there are rooms for adjustment. Is there anything I can do with layers and glossy layed weight?

• One trick to consider: go to parameters -> mesh smoothing -> collision item and collision iteration...

• Have you upped the settings for Colision quality in Simulation Settings, and the iterations as felis suggested?

• tayloranderson2047tayloranderson2047 Posts: 116
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you upped the settings for Colision quality in Simulation Settings, and the iterations as felis suggested?

You mean this? I tried to lift the quality here but unfortunately doesn't solve the problem completely... iterations doesn't seem help much. I have to save the pose of my character is a big complicated--- the thigh is raised very high

Post edited by tayloranderson2047 on
  • You may need to give it more time then, the faster the movement the ahrder it is for the simualtion to diffuse the energy the worse the simulation (if it doesn't explode).