Environment Rendering issues

HI guys,

I was trying to render a city scene using 'Streets of Steampunk' Just doing a normal 3delight rendering, supposed to work fine.

I should get something like the first image I attached (The street scene, not using characters now) and I get the second file instead. What is going on? I haven't used DAZ much lately but OMG, no wonder. Every time I open it tere are major issues that shouldn't be there. WIsh they made it usable instead of ust adding new content that never works properly..... End of rant

ANyways, any help would be appreciated. This is just weird.

sherlock_bundle_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 311K
City View 1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 250K

Comments

• That set lists only Iray materials. You might be able to get a useful conversion out of https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-iray-to-3delight-converter-and-merchant-resource (or I think there is a free script posted to the forum, though I don't have a link to hand) but if not you would have to use the suplied textures to build your own 3Delight materials.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That set lists only Iray materials. You might be able to get a useful conversion out of https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-iray-to-3delight-converter-and-merchant-resource (or I think there is a free script posted to the forum, though I don't have a link to hand) but if not you would have to use the suplied textures to build your own 3Delight materials.

Well, I appreciate the help but this is confusing. The product shows 3Delight and Iray settings once installed, and in studio I loaded the scene supposedly made for 3Delight  so in theory that shouldn't be an issue.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846
    edited January 2023

It does have a 3Delight version and it renders OK for me in 3Delight. Did you set your render engine to 3Delight?

Edit: I rendered in DS 4.21.1.29 Public Build (Beta).

Screenshot 2023-01-29 155904.jpg
    594 x 384 - 50K
    Screenshot 2023-01-29 155939.jpg
    590 x 510 - 77K
    Streets of Steampunk 3Delight.jpg
    2500 x 1184 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

I know nothing about 3Delight as I have never used it before. However, I do have this product and so I tried to see what would happen. I loaded the 3Delight version, zoomed the viwport out a bit, swapped the render engine over to 3Delight and hit render. Got a nice black square because I didn't realise it had no lights by default, but when I added a distant light and hit render again I got a normal-looking scene - see attached.

So, the product does work in 3Delight although I have no idea why your render looks like that unless you really changed the settings from the defaults?

Streets-of-Steampunk-3Delight.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 306K
  • Sorry, the product page lists only Iray so I didn't check further https://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-steampunk

In that case it's probably using a Shader Mixer shader (like the Age of Armour SSS Shader) and sometimes that will fail to compile the required RSL code for 3Delight - you can try clearing the brickyard folder for %appData%/daz 3d/Studio4/Temp/ and then restart the render if that is the case.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846
    The surfaces I looked at used Daz Default Shader RSL.
  • SofaCitizen said:

I know nothing about 3Delight as I have never used it before. However, I do have this product and so I tried to see what would happen. I loaded the 3Delight version, zoomed the viwport out a bit, swapped the render engine over to 3Delight and hit render. Got a nice black square because I didn't realise it had no lights by default, but when I added a distant light and hit render again I got a normal-looking scene - see attached.

So, the product does work in 3Delight although I have no idea why your render looks like that unless you really changed the settings from the defaults?

As far as I know I didn't change any defaults.... THis is rather bizarre 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

petefaure said:

SofaCitizen said:

As far as I know I didn't change any defaults.... THis is rather bizarre 

Could it be that you simply overexposed the scene with too strong an environment light or  other light source? Because the sky background, that supposedly is not reacting to diffuse rays, seems to look ok.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you would show us your rendering settings, it would be easier to see what's going on.