Rendering King Wash Exterior - Advice?

I’m looking to make a large, 6000x3000 px exterior night scene with this asset. I have a suspicion it’s too heavy for mu 3060 graphics card.

I plan to instancify and remove everything not visible in render but I’m also considering other options. And I’m also looking for advice on how to make the scene easier to render.

How much does the fog make the render heavier?
Is there a way to adjust fog density? Cut out opacity doesn’t seem to be the way.

I was thinking also rendering the scene without the fog, dark-ish but not very dark, maybe with canvases and manipulate the file in Photoshop full effect. I’m good at Photoshop.

Any advice?

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

a 3060 has 8GB VRAM right? I would have thought that that would be enough.  You just need the scene to fit on VRAM.

The internal stuff inside the laundromat is probably what takes up most VRAM. So you could easily hide what's not going to be visible from exterior, and then potentially simplify some of the internals to reduce VRAM.

the fog are linked to cameras no? You really only need one fog visible at a time i think, so can turn off all the others that are not in your camera's view path.