Daz Studio keeps crashing?

Hey guys, I'm a fairly new beginner with DS and looking to try and do some 1080p renders for some comics. However it seems whenever I try to load a scene (house with g8 characters etc) it will often crash at different stages. This could be when it is trying it initially load the scene, rendering, or even switching from Texture Shaded to IRAY. I feel like I have a somewhat okay system so I am unsure as to what may be causing this/what I can do to prevent this from happening? Any advice and help you have would be appreciated! All of my files are currently saved on a normal HDD so Im wondering whether it could just be a loading issue?

PC SPECS

I7 8086K
Maximus X HERO 

16GB DDR4 2133MHZ RAM

8GB INNO3D RTX 3060TI

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The crashing is probably due to not having enough RAM, in practice one should have minimum 32GB's

• RemmerRemmer Posts: 15

Ah okay, I was unsure if it could infact be not enough VRAM on my GPU but I am in the process of getting 32GB 3600Mhz in a few days so hopefully this would make a difference.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited January 2023

The amount of VRAM just makes it possible to render Iray on GPU if there's enough, but not having enough RAM is known to cause crashes 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • RemmerRemmer Posts: 15

Gotcha, Turns out that my new ram is actually gonna be delivered today so I guess I should be able to hopefully see the difference very soon! Thank you for the help :)