Daz will not open renamed files

I have been having major problems with Daz, not the least of which is saving a file where I want it. When I save or save as or export the file is not saved to the requested location with the requested name.  DUF Files are being saved in random locations under some arbitrary name like "3D" , "Daz", "working" in locations like documents, user root or another arbitrary folder. After hunting down my files I rename them and move them to appropriate project folders after which they refuse to open. Never had issues like this with any other program.

Thanks

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

When you save a file, you point it to where it should be saved. So I don't understand how it could save it in another place.

The files in Data and Runtime cannot be moved, unless to another Data / Runtime with the same subpath.

What does your log say (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File) when you try to load one of your moved files?

• I assume you mean Daz Studio.

Where are you tryinfg to load them from? Where are you saving them? I suspect you are loading from a category-based view, which of course has no bearing on the location of the file - Content Library>Daz Studio Formats lets you see the actual location of files (though even there the Daz Connect "folder" is an aggregate of al the little sub-folders created when you install content through Daz Studio itself). Aside from the special Daz Connect folder you can save to the current location under Daz Studio Formats by clicking the + at the bottom of the file list.