Has this happened to anyone else?

All my Genesis 3 female models load like this (see attached image). I'm on an iMac running Daz Studio 4.21. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Genesis 3 Female Essentials and it didn't help.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

First, your image is most likely to get deletd due to the textured nude figure.

Beside that: you most likely have a character morph which has been saved with a non-zero default value, so it always loads with the base figure.

Try the procedure in this post to fix it: Every character I have loads with unwanted extra morphs by default - Daz 3D Forums

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

This is a later version of the procedure

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 3 Female" (the base version, to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• PerttiA said:

This is a later version of the procedure

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 3 Female" (the base version, to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

I would at least try on the non-hidden properties alone first - some proeprties are hiden precisely because they need their non-zero values to work, such as a value of one from which another is subtracted to make a multiplier to lock bends that are not compatible with the non-hidden part (this is how the collapsed fingers were locked in the three finger morph from the old Creature Creator sets).

• Thank you, thank you, thank you.