LegacyUVs for Gen 9 Male, what am I doing wrong?

LegacyUVs for Gen 9 Male, what am I doing wrong? 

I loaded the Gen 9 male into the scene, selected him, clicked script "prepare Gen 9".

Then it says in the documentation: 

With Genesis 9 and all the attachments and geografts now selected, apply the Legacy Material presets in the normal way by navigating to the required folders and clicking the icons.

Then is says:

Important Notes The majority of Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 Material presets for the main mesh are Hierarchical Material presets (the icons are marked ‘H.Material(s)’), which means that they will not load directly onto a different mesh (including Genesis 9). In order to make the MATs compatible with Genesis 9 they must be saved as normal Material presets. This is easily done by loading them onto their original meshes and then clicking “File > Save As >Material(s) Preset…” from the Menu.

_______

Does this mean I have to load the 8.1 figure and save their materials first?

I can't just apply the H.Material to the prepared Gen 9 geoshell?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited January 2023

Indeed, you can't apply the G8 hierarchical material to G9, even when using the legacy UVs.  Hierarchical materials work only on the figure they were made for.

You have to resave it into a set of regular material presets first.

edit: I suppose you could also try to edit a copy of the hierarchical material preset to make it reference G9 and not G8, but I have never tried so I don't know what would need to be changed exactly.

Post edited by Leana on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Thank you for your assistance Leana it helped a lot!

I don't think the Genesis 8.1 part of this product works yet, but the Genesis 8 does and it works very nicely.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

I have had great results converting Genesis 8 and 8.1 textures to Genesis 9 using this product and the Daz beta.

I am not sure why it did not work for me in the Daz regular release for 8.1, I will test it again and update this thread.

I was expecting to in the end, end up with a Genesis 9 saved texture that could just be used, but the Genesis 9 figure has to always be prepped first by the script before the converted texture will work on it.

Otherwise this product creates great results!

We have awesome textures with this product indeed! Now we need a head morphs converter from legacy figures to Genesis 9 and Genesis 9 will be complete.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Legacy UVs product doesn't convert textures, it modifies your G9 so it can use the G8 textures. So yes, you need to use it every time.