[Help] D.I.M. doesn't recognize some ZIPs file

I don't know what to do, I dislike unzipping the folders into a folder and use them like that. I wanted to extract them with D.I.M. because I like order and keep my stuff tidy... any solution?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited January 2023

Install Manager has specific requireemnts for the way the zip is structured and for a manifest file descibing the zip - it isn't, I'm afraid, a general unpacking tool. There is https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist which will let you create a suitable zip, so you need do the work only once.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • What can I do for it to work? https://imgur.com/a/u8rqr6Y I've put them in the correct directory nothing appears, I'm lost, what should I do?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited January 2023

Are those zips meant for DIM in the first place? DIM needs zips using a specific format, for example including a manifest file explaining what to do with what's in the zip. It won't install any random zip file containing DS content.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Yes they are all made for DIM.

• They also comes with a TXT file inside every zip:

======================================================================
                           Installation Instructions
    ======================================================================

DAZ Install Manager (DIM):

Place the zip file you want to install in the DIM downloads folder
    which should be located in your Documents/DAZ 3D/Downloads.
    Proceed with the installation by following the same steps you would any other DAZ products.

Manual Installation:

Extract the zip-archive with your unzip program to your DAZ Studio library.
    For example: "DAZ Studio 4.9/My Library" or "DAZ Studio 4.9/Content""
  • Threads merged and moved to technical help as this is not a Daz Studio topic.

Where are these files from?

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 371

@gianluca.pesaro

Those may be valid zip files for DIM, but the filenames are not correct. You will need to rename them to their original filenames before they will work.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

I've never tried using DIM to install third-party products but given how poor some authors from other stores are at packaging zips then I am not suprised that you are seeing some errors. I did see a post on one of the other forums about them rejecting some products with bad structure so it may be that they are starting to tighten this up - won't affect older products tho unfortunately.