slow down gen 8 fam

Hello all, such a problem the main model of genesis when bending the head or arm, leg, hangs at 10 fps what is this about I do not often use 8, I read the log file, but did not understand why, these lines (Formula target property not found: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/PBMBreastsCleavage? dsf#PBMBreastsCleavage? value - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DeviousDolls/Vivi/MCMDDViviCleavageFIX.dsf ) in the log there are a bunch of them, is this a problem or something else?
8, but everything works fine or the problem depends on the size of My Library daz

txt
txt
log.txt
1M

Comments

• That means you have a character (Devious Dolls' Vivi) that has an additional moprh associeated with it to improve the look or avoid issues when used with the body miorphs Breasts Cleavage. Since you don't have the body morphs installed (apparently) then the attempt to make the link fails, but that doesn't matter as you don't need to corrective morph. Sometimes it may be an issue, if it is failing to find a property that should be there, and it is certainly useful trouble-shooting information if you are creating your own morphs, but that doesn't apear to be the case here. In general if a message starts Warning it is pointing something out that might be a reflection of an issue (e.g. a naming issue or saving issue if you were creating your own morphs) but isn't an ouright error.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That means you have a character (Devious Dolls' Vivi) that has an additional moprh associeated with it to improve the look or avoid issues when used with the body miorphs Breasts Cleavage. Since you don't have the body morphs installed (apparently) then the attempt to make the link fails, but that doesn't matter as you don't need to corrective morph. Sometimes it may be an issue, if it is failing to find a property that should be there, and it is certainly useful trouble-shooting information if you are creating your own morphs, but that doesn't apear to be the case here. In general if a message starts Warning it is pointing something out that might be a reflection of an issue (e.g. a naming issue or saving issue if you were creating your own morphs) but isn't an ouright error.

no I do not do their own morphs, the model itself terribly slow when either basic or finished character, I do not even know where to look for the cause

• How long is it taking? How many morphs (morphs sets, charcaters) do you have? With a lot of morphs (and, most significantly, a lot of links between properties like the ones triggering those warnings) it does take time for the figure to load, mine takes about three minutes when there are no issues 9or half-an-hour or more if there are duplicate formula errors).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

LAG while posing seems to be a common theme over the past couple of years, I do wonder if it's the poor IK system that's the cause of it.

You don't have long load times, your log shows the base G8F loads in 45 seconds, there are people around here that would kill for load times that short, as it takes them 15 minutes or more to get the base G8F to load.

Almost all of those errors are down to you not having the Head Morph pack, the Body Morph pack and the Expressions pack installed.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited January 2023

Bejaymac said:

LAG while posing seems to be a common theme over the past couple of years, I do wonder if it's the poor IK system that's the cause of it.

'Underpowered' systems, high SubD;s, smoothing dialed way up for everything, high res DForce strand hair, highres clothing, highres props, highres architecture with tons of highpoly mesh lights, and increasing trend of inefficient use of space with textures/map images.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Having a lot of properties (morphs etc.) can also slow things down as DS has to propagate the effects of the changed joints through them.