Does Anyone Have the Intrepid Explorer Phoenix Spaceship? SOLVED

Prince WaoPrince Wao Posts: 373

If anyone reading this has Petipet's Intrepid Explorer Phoenix (Atlantida related) could you please try loading it to see if it does load as today I've discovered I have missing files and when I try to load a scene with the ship in it it only appears as a grey blob. Via DIM I then uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it made no difference only I now don't get the blob. What is missing is the DS prop, materials and 2 pilot poses for G2F. Other files are still there as are the 2 pilot poses for M4. If I search in Products it shows the latter, while when I search under Vehicles the DS icons appear for the ship prop and 2 materials, but when I try to load the prop nothing happens as it can't be found!

Post edited by Prince Wao on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309

There are two installer files, one for DS (which has the prop and the G2F poses) and the other tagged for Poser (with the Poser-format load for the ship plus the M4 poses)

Are you sure you reinstalled the DS file?

• MelanieL said:

There are two installer files, one for DS (which has the prop and the G2F poses) and the other tagged for Poser (with the Poser-format load for the ship plus the M4 poses)

Are you sure you reinstalled the DS file?

Yes. Everything's reinstalled.

• A fresh instalaltion via DIM works. Which files is it missing? It may be that there was an old (DS 3-format) set, using .dso fiels and so on, and now it has DS 4 files (.dsf).

• When I search for the Intrepid Explorer Phoenix under Products the missing files are:

Intrepid Explorer.duf

Intrepid Explorer_Black.duf

Intrepid Explorer_Yellow.duf

Pilot1_G.duf

Pilot2_G.duf

The icons appear for the top 3 when searching under Vehicles, but I get the error message "an error occurred while reading the file", etc.

When I load a scene which contains the Intrepid Explorer Phoenix no missing files windows come up, but the ship loads just as a grey blob.

• Is Daz Studio working online or off? If online, do you have the circled triangle icon at top-right of the product thumbnail?

• Prince WaoPrince Wao Posts: 373
    edited January 2023

DS is online. But as I wrore above, when I load a scene which contains the Intrepid Explorer Phoenix no missing files windows come up and that's the only time I see the circled triangle icon.
    When I load other old scenes and there a missing files (due to my having uninstalled products for disk space) I get that icon which allows me to reinstall, but I never uninstalled the Intrepid Explorer Phoenix. IE: I never uninstalled it to free up space. It was only when it would only load as a blob that uninstalled it via DIM so I could reinstall it via DIM, but even that didn't bring up the absent files.

Post edited by Prince Wao on
  • Thanks for the feedback on this thread, but please consider it now closed. All I wanted to know was if others had the same problem as I have. If they did it would mean it's a DS problem; if they didn't it means I've somehow lost files on my laptop, and it appears that that's the case.

• If you don't have the circled triangle icon on the product and daz Studio is online, or has been since you purchased the product, then the system shows it as being installed through Daz Connect (the content panes in Daz Studio itself). If that is the case then an installation through DIM or Daz Central will be ignored. If you don't want to install content through Daz Studio it doesn't need to be online, and in this case I would try a right-click on the product and select uninstall (which will remove the Connect files, which are probably missing anyway, and use the DIM files instead).

• Richard Haseltine said:

If you don't have the circled triangle icon on the product and daz Studio is online, or has been since you purchased the product, then the system shows it as being installed through Daz Connect (the content panes in Daz Studio itself). If that is the case then an installation through DIM or Daz Central will be ignored. If you don't want to install content through Daz Studio it doesn't need to be online, and in this case I would try a right-click on the product and select uninstall (which will remove the Connect files, which are probably missing anyway, and use the DIM files instead).

Thanks Richard. I clicked uninstall on the product and the product came back, which is the opposite of what one would expect!! Now scenes and subsets in which I have the IEP load as they should.

• The Uninstall refers only to the files installed through Daz Studio, it can't touch external installations. The problem was that the database had a record of such an installation, and so was ignoring the files that were there (in a different place) from your recent instalaltion. Using the Uninstall command cleared the database references to that missing installation and allowed the one that was there to be found. But it is counterintuitive if you don't know all that.