Editing Textures?

The good news: Daz users have created models that resemble my unusual characters.

The bad news: They are all supposed to wear pink maid uniforms, and the closest match I've found only comes in black.

The textures are saved in a compressed file called DSON which google is telling me is text based. I'm used to editing 3D textures in photoshop/clip studio/etc., not text documents. Heeeeeellllllp!

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

andysaiterartwork said:

The good news: Daz users have created models that resemble my unusual characters.

The bad news: They are all supposed to wear pink maid uniforms, and the closest match I've found only comes in black.

The textures are saved in a compressed file called DSON which google is telling me is text based. I'm used to editing 3D textures in photoshop/clip studio/etc., not text documents. Heeeeeellllllp!

It would help to know to which products you refer. Textures are normally image based; does your product not have them? 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

I would assume that that file is just a reference to the textures.

What does it look like if you open the file with 7-zip and then Edit?

And are you able to load the object in Daz Studio? If so then go to the surface tab and look at that.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884
    edited January 2023

felis said:

I would assume that that file is just a reference to the textures.

More specifically, it's probably the material preset.

To the OP: open the Surfaces pane with the object whose textures you want to edit selected, select a single surface, and hover over the base color map slot. It will display the location of the map itself, which will be located in runtime/textures/(PA's name)/(product name)

Post edited by Gordig on