DIM won't install content

Using the Mac DIM I can download content, but it just won't install any of them.  I have an M1 Mac, Monteray. I've deleted and re-installed several times, used DAZ central, which is even more useless, because Central stalls at 50%. I have submitted a ticket to the staff, but I think a lot of us are having a lot of problems. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to DAZ. Right now, it's pretty useless?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,769

I don't believe the current version of Daz Studio works on the M1 macs, that may also go for the build of PostreSQL too I suppose. Did you not check it out before buying content?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

@Totte I just tagged our resident expert on Mac and DIM

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,842

michaellegge52 said:

Using the Mac DIM I can download content, but it just won't install any of them.  I have an M1 Mac, Monteray. I've deleted and re-installed several times, used DAZ central, which is even more useless, because Central stalls at 50%. I have submitted a ticket to the staff, but I think a lot of us are having a lot of problems. Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to DAZ. Right now, it's pretty useless?

I guess the issue is that you need to tell macOS that DIM really is allowed disk access. Got to System Settings -> Security & Integrity -> Integrity Tab. Find Full Disk Access in the list and allow com.DAZ.DAZ3DIMHelper

• I have given it full access but it doesn't help.  The very first time I downloaded the app it worked for a few days, then suddenly stopped opening files, saying they did not exist. I submitted a ticket, but heaven knows if they know what's wrong. I appreciate people's help.

Where do you download then (Where have you set DIM to use as a download folder)? And do you use "delete after install" or not?

• It's been going to the my user Shared folder when it's downloaded. I had checked "delete after install". But it just won't install anymore. I don't know why it worked the first time but then just quit.

There are two logs from DIM (accessible through the "cog" icon button).
    They might give some ideas,

• Well, I'm baffled, but in a good way. On a whim, I trashed all the files, then I assigned my documents folder to the cloud instead of my hard drive.I downloaded the install DS again, and now it's working. I have no idea why, but for now, it's working.