Using dForce hair in animations

Has anyone had any success getting dForce hair to move naturally in animations? I am using Biscuits Jam hair and movement of large masses of hair looks pretty good, but individual locks tend to swing very unnaturally. The Density value for the hair is extremely high (2222.0) which is I'm sure why this is happening so I will start by lowering it, but my guess is that it's that dense for a good reason, and I'm worried about diving down a crazy-deep time-sucking rabbit hole trying to fix this without some tips from people who've been there before.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757

You can try dFast for DAZ Studio in the other store. It fakes what dForce does using movement morphs. For animation you get good enough results in a fraction of the time without mesh explosions.

• cridgit said:

You can try dFast for DAZ Studio in the other store. It fakes what dForce does using movement morphs. For animation you get good enough results in a fraction of the time without mesh explosions.

Ohmigod that looks amazing! Thank you! I just actually drastically reduced the hair density for the animation I'm working on ( from 2222 to 350 using Biscuits Jam hair) and ran a test render last night. It worked extremely well, but that product looks like a life saver in any case.