Smart Content is Not Showing All My Stuff

I have a new PC that uses an SSD for the operating system and an HD for storage. When I first set it up, I installed Daz, DIM, and all the Daz content on the HD. Everything was working fine - which was no surprise to me, since I already have another PC set up the same way, and I had just followed the same pattern for mapping out where Daz should look for content, where the cms directory was located on the HD, and where DIM should save temp files and such.

Then I had to reinstall Windows on the SSD.

That did not affect the data on the HD - it was all still there. However, once I was able to boot up the PC and tried to run Daz for the first tiem, it was not able to see the content library on the HD. I had to go back into all the settings and restore the pathways so that Daz and DIM could see where the content library, the cms folder, and all the other folders are located. At first, it seemed that I had that set up correctly. DIM is showing all of my content on the Installed tab, and I see everything within the Content Library in Daz itself.

However, the Smart Content tab is only showing a handful of items that I bought and installed since I got the PC up and running again. It is not listing anything else in the My Library folder.

I went through all the settings again, and everything seems to be pointing to the correct directories on the HD. I assume there is something that I missed, somewhere. I tried searching the forums for an answer, but the threads that I found did not point to any information that I didn't already have.

Could someone wiser than me please offer any suggestions for where I should be looking to find whatever setting it is that I am overlooking?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,769
    edited January 2023

There is a simple solution for this - you just need to re-import the metadata.

In Smart Content, click the hamburger menu Icon and Select Content DB Maintenance. In the box tat comes up tick "Process Metadata Queue" and "Re-Import Metadata" and click Accept. After a few seconds you'll see another window listing all the products it found installed which are all checked by default so just hit the Accept button. Then you just need to find something else to do for 10 minutes or so while it rebuilds your database.

The reason why this happened is that, by default, the database is not stored alongside your downloaded product files and so would have been lost when you re-installed. However, the installed product files contain all the information in their dsx files and so the process I listed above goes through all these one by one and puts the data back into the database.

The only thing that would be lost here is if you made any manual adjustments to the metadata e.g. adding assets to additional/different categories.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • EscribanoEscribano Posts: 102

SofaCitizen said:

There is a simple solution for this - you just need to re-import the metadata.

In Smart Content, click the hamburger menu Icon and Select Content DB Maintenance. In the box tat comes up tick "Process Metadata Queue" and "Re-Import Metadata" and click Accept. After a few seconds you'll see another window listing all the products it found installed which are all checked by default so just hit the Accept button. Then you just need to find something else to do for 10 minutes or so while it rebuilds your database.

The reason why this happened is that, by default, the database is not stored alongside your downloaded product files and so would have been lost when you re-installed. However, the installed product files contain all the information in their dsx files and so the process I listed above goes through all these one by one and puts the data back into the database.

The only thing that would be lost here is if you made any manual adjustments to the metadata e.g. adding assets to additional/different categories.

That did the trick. Thank you very much!