Does running a simulation affect everything?

If I pose my charachters in a scene, select them and run a simulation. Will then every piece of clothing, hair & other items in the hierarchy with a dForce modifier also get simulated? Or do I need to run a simulation for each piece of clothing separetly?

Also, it sounds taxing to run a simulation on multiple charachters at the same time. If I run 2 simulation, one for each charachter. Will the 2nd simulation affect the 1st one? Even though I only select the second charachter?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

When tou press 'simulate' everything that can simulate will simulate, no matter what is selected.

In parameters you can set an object to not be visible in simulation.

And if you have simulated an item, you can set it to 'freeze simulation', meaning that next time you simulate, it will use the one that are frozen, i.e. not simulate all over.

If you have many items to simulate, it can often be an advantage to take one at a time and freeze it afterwards.

• There is a command to Simulateb only selected items (note that that has to include non-dynamic collision objects as well as the dynamic items). It's in the Simulation Settings option menu but can be added elsewhere using Window>Workspace>Customise.