Is there a fix for broken textures in Iray from overlapping geometry?

Hi,

I have a model that has hidden clothing items (shirt, jacket, gloves). These can be slid on with opacity settings (I didn't create the model). In Iray, some of skin in these overlapping sections gets chopped up and made almost see through (see imgur link below).

If I delete the overlapping geometry, it seems to work find, but I was hoping some of this geo can be salvaged. Any other ideas/tips/suggestions?

Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/iHjKWKq.png

Comments

• Can you not hide (turn off the visibility of) the problem areas? If you do that they simply won't be sent to Iray at all. If not one option is to select the clothing item's hip bone, activate the Joint Editor, right-click>Create>New Child Bone. Activate the Geoemtry Editor, open the Tool Settings pane, and click the + next to each surface you wish to hide. Right-click>Geometry Assignment>Create Group from Selected. Now go back to the Joint editor, make sure the new bone is selected, and at top-right of Toll settings click the Selection Group button, then pick the group you just created. Now you can hide those areas by making the bone invisible.