How do you install PostgreSQL

I got a new computer and installed the latest version of Daz and moved my library over. All of my files are in the Content Library but not in the Smart Library. I've been told to install PostgreSQL, but I have no idea what that is, where to find it or how to install it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• You can install PostgreSQL the same way you installed D/S.  [via DIM, DC or Manually]

It's part of the D/S bundle and has its page in your Product Library here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869

If downloading manually, the .exe is for Windows, the zip is for Mac.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

You can do a search in each of DIM or your content library in your account, depending on how you are installing your content. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,769

mlolya said:

I got a new computer and installed the latest version of Daz and moved my library over. All of my files are in the Content Library but not in the Smart Library. I've been told to install PostgreSQL, but I have no idea what that is, where to find it or how to install it. Any suggestions?

How did you move your library over? If you just copied the files and folders than that would not have restored the Smart Content. PostresSQL is usually installed alongside Daz Studio and so there is a chance that you do have it installed - indeed I believe that you would get an error message on Daz Studio startup if PostresSQL was either uninstalled or was not auto-launched.

If that is the case you may just need to re-import the metadata which is easily done via the Content Manager and "Re-import Metadata". Note: once you get past the window with all your products and checkboxes the actual import can take over 10 minutes depending on your hardware and amount of products.

• mlolyamlolya Posts: 35

Thank you all for your help!