dForce Hair stopped rendering correctly all of a sudden

cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23

Hi all,

So this is not one of those "dForce Rendering in IRay Preview" etc type of problems. At least I don't think so.

I have a situation where, out of seemingly nowhere, it just stopped rendering correctly. All dForce hair. In old scenes where it previously worked fine, as recent as thjis evening. And setting up new blank scenes gives me same type of results. See attached, this is from a full render view..

It has me thinking that maybe I flipped a switch somewhere on a setting by accident, and am completely unaware that it exists. Or something else is up.

Any ideas?

Post edited by cdotdk on

Comments

• cdotdkcdotdk Posts: 23

Nvm found out. Almost by the same accident that had this problem happen in the first place. Apparently if I have a specific tool selected; this occurs...

Would love an explanation from someone, on how this makes sense?   as in, is this behaviour by design?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

If you have a mesh tool selected it affects the render.

I assume it is a design choise, although it does not make sense to me why it should affect a render.

• The mesh editing tools need to "see" the editable emsh so they do this and they also un-hide any areas hidden by GeoGrafts.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Richard Haseltine said:

The mesh editing tools need to "see" the editable emsh so they do this and they also un-hide any areas hidden by GeoGrafts.

Yes, for the viewport it makes sense, but if you are doing a render, you can't use the tools. 

• felis said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The mesh editing tools need to "see" the editable emsh so they do this and they also un-hide any areas hidden by GeoGrafts.

Yes, for the viewport it makes sense, but if you are doing a render, you can't use the tools. 

I suspect it's a case of the order in which things happen, or possibly that there may be tools that should affect the render durectly.