56th Bryce Contest ( ComputerWorld )

Comments

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited January 2023

@NGartplay:
    Thank you very much.

I've sent you a PM. Did this arrive?

@ Hansmar:
    Thank you. I know 12 Monkeys, but I don't know of any scene that goes with it. I haven't seen Brazil, but what I just read about it on google - I think I still have to look it up :D

@ Horo:
    Thank you. I just sometimes wonder if I'm the master of the program or the program master is over me *lol*

@adbc:
    thank you.

@ yellow pen:
    thank you.

Post edited by drachenlords on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,138

Thank you Yellow Pen.

• Hansmar:

"Sun over computerworld" - that flying mouse is a wonderful touch! Lovely scene.
    "Bryce binary" - interesting idea, reminds me of the Matrix movie.

NGartplay:

"Play Time" - this looks heartwarming! I don't think it's a Spacewar from 1962, but judging by arcade cabinet could be something from 80s.

drachenlords:

"Bryce Bugworld" - ah yes, so these are little guys who don't like me using "undo" too much with terrains or instancing. And bugs outside of jar seem to be very high-tech by the look. I enjoy how colourful you did it, really catches the eye! Also I would like to ask about material used on those green translucent pipes - could you please comment on it (or maybe show a DTE scheme if it's custom)?
    "the Mainframe" - nice and classic sci-fi scene. Yes, biology-produced computer is best computer.
    "The Masters Program" - oh, wonderful! Reminds me of Tron 2.0 and postwork surely helps with "neon" feeling.

adbc:

"desktop" - very cool idea and nicely done! Though I hope it changes to different coloured versions after a time has passed because red colour might be too active on eyes. Love reflections on the robot as well.

Horo:

"Computer Network" - unusual concept and approach, and you've done it nice! Very experimental. Though I would note it looks a bit "imprecise" (in a same way as photogrammetry compared to modelling). But very funky, indeed!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,106

Past as Future : thank you.

Past as Future : thank you.

• Thank you Past as Future.
    The material is the Glowing Techno Script (Pro Materials\Misc\Glowing Techno Script).
    The fact that it seems to glow is due to the built-in fog sphere.

Thank you Past as Future.

• drachenlords, thanks - will investigate it.

edited February 2023

My third entry.
    Title: Computer Scripts
    Used: 6 cubes, 36 2D-Faces, 4 spheres, an HDRI
    Note: The scripts are from self written programs with the languages Assembler, PowerBASIC, C, Hex, CSS, PHP, JavaScript und REBOL.

Computer Scripts

ComputerScripts.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 235K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Cool made, Horo.

• Horo, what a nice Idea... cool entry.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,847

Computer all the way Horo.  I love the soft lighting and the mapping came out so well.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

Cool idea and an excellent render Horo.

edited February 2023

Horo : Excellent idea and render, I like the soft colours.

My second entry : Been here for too long. Simply two planes with computercircuits texture, the skeleton and laptop are parts of a very old render.

Been here for too long.jpg
    960 x 600 - 79K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • Good idea. You could also call it "waiting for the render".
    Very good work.

Thank you drachenlords, Yellow Pen, NGartplay and mermaid.

adbc - thank you. Great idea and very nicely done. I like the lighting very much.

drachenlords, Horo : thank you.

• adbc - great Idea, yes... but, what a nightmare ......

Rotfl at Drachenlords, lol.  Still chuckling.  How much time have I spent waiting for a render to finish?  Too much to count.

adbc, excellent work here and so fun.

Wow Adbc excellent entry, the lighting is awesome.

Yellow Pen, NGartplay, mermaid : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,760
    edited February 2023

Horo, interesting last entry with nice soft colours.

adbc, your render looks great. And the battery of that laptop must be a miracle; still working after its master already gone to dust :)

I finally finalised my third entry. Actually, I made five different renders from the same scene (though I moved the men in some of them). Finally decided on this one. The console with the computer is the Dystopian Console System from DAZ. The man is from Hexagon, the quadrangulator_by_MarcThierry. The effects in the back are from Jepe (Jepe's CosmicZ). Console system and quandrangulator have been instanced multiple times. Actually, there are many more instances from the console system in the scene, but not really visible. I textured the quandrangulator with a sci-fi texture (grey) and a picture texture of binary codes (blue). The robodog is a freebie from Turbosquid.

I hope some more people will enter a couple of renders, because it gets less interesting with so few renders. Please all Brycers: participate!

consoles1c.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 611K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

I'll try to get another one done.

Hansmar, that is right on target for the theme.  Great idea here.  The men at computers look like computers.

Hansmar - great entry, definitely a huge computer room.

• @ Hansmar:

Computers that operate computers and are accompanied by computers.

There is no better way to meet the topic of the computer world.

Very good work.

edited February 2023

Hansmar : fantastic idea, very well put together, exactly fitting the theme. Thank you for your comment (forgot to mention that!)

My third entry : Alien computer station. Scifi environment : share cg(3dfiles) console:nergal, the Messenger:sharecg(vincent).

Alien computer station.jpg
    940 x 450 - 61K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - great idea and well presented.

adbc - great entry - though it was not meant to be, but a really nice contrast to Hansmar's entry.

Horo : thank you.

• Hansmar - wow, great entry.

adbc - great entry too.

And, both are wonderful Ideas and very well done.