Problem with self created White L.I.E Overlay and Yellow Base Color [SOLVED]

Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

Hi there, I have a Problem with a self created L.I.E Overlay. The Base Color of my Character is Yellow(ish) and I just want to use a Simple L.I.E Overlay to give her some black Dots and a White(ish) Torso color.

So I use on the Surface tab > Torso > Base Color > change to Yello > Layered Image Edito > Add my L.I.E. .

But now the White Part of my Torso is Yellow, too. Not like the other Parts, it is also brighter. And I can't for the Life of me find the Solution. I bet is is painfully easy, so I hope you Guys can help me.

Thanks in Advance for takeing your time

Post edited by Aldi07 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

I am not sure I follow what you have done.

I assume the image you have created is black-white, and if so it should be used as a mask.

So in the torso surface Base color, click LIE, and in LIE add color layer and set your color. And then to that color layer add image mask, and use the mask you have created.

If you already have done it like that, then you must be aware of, that there is additional other channels that effects how it is rendered, such as translucency color and SSS.

You can either do modifications in other channels, or you can use the makeup channel, and use your mask as makeup weight. Just be aware that makeup channel first is visible in render.

• Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

Hi there, Thanks for the fast reply. Yes the LIE is in black and White. It is saved as PNG File and only the Parts I want as a LIE a I tried it your way, but still with the same Outcome as using it as an Image.

I tried to attach pictures, but I get an internal Error Message so I can't upload anything right now. I try to explain my Problem better.

With the normal Skin (New, Fresh Genesis 3 Female) the LIE works, Black Dots, White Torso Part, just like how I wanted it, but without the Skin Tone I wanted.

But when I change the Base Color of the Skin to Yellow(ish) the white Torso Part of my LIE is also Yellowed and the black Dots are gone. I tried it with the Color Mask way, as you stated (at least thats how I understand it), but with the same Result.

I also tried to alter SSS and translucency color as you mentioned, In the End I always get the same Result. 

I tried it with first altering the Skintone than add the LIE and First add the LIE and than alter the Skin Tone, both ends like I stated.

Also what is a Makeup Channel? I've never hard of that :)

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

Yes, attaching images is broken and has been it for some weeks. Once in a while you can attach a file, but mostly not.

I had overlooked that you also wanted to lighten the skin. To do that you could, in LIE, add a color layerm set blend mode to lighten and turn oppacityt down.

For your black dots you can add it as a layer on top with your dot-texture as a mask. But that will likely not give you black dots due to SSS and translucency.

For the black dots you can use your dot-texture in the Diffuse Overlay Weight and then set Diffusse Overlay Color to the color you want the dots to have.

The Makeup channel is my mistake, it is only available in Genesis 9 skin.

• Aldi07Aldi07 Posts: 20

Sorry for the Late reply, busy Days.

Yeah that Color Layern did the Trick! Both patterns, White and Black are shown nicely. Thanks a lot!. And I hope I can someday check out Genesis 9, seems very cool.

Thank you for taking your time.