GenX2 Genesis Basic Child to G3M transfer arrives UPSIDE DOWN! :O

I've just tried converting Genesis Basic Child over into Genesis 3, setting to Create single morph, using GenX2.  I then loaded the resulting shape on G3M, and he has arrived UPSIDE DOWN, underneath the ground plane.  The flipping heck is going on here, and how do I correct this?  0o

I also tried converting as Selected morphs (with defaults), and I don't see any other shapes showing up in the Generation X section.

(Looks more closely)  Okay, for some reason, Scale transferred over as -84% instead of 84%, so I took the negative out and he's now right side up.  Why is it transferring from Genesis to G3 with a negative scale?  surprise

Edit to add:  On the other hand, I went to apply a pose onto the character, and he suddenly went back under the floor and was now all pretzil-twisted into curving ribbons.  0o  Clearly I'm going about this wrong.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Comments

• I decided to redo the transfer again.

I am completely new with using the Genx2 stuff.  Bought it and a bunch of it's add ons ages ago but never really got around to using it until now.

Anyway, to the best of my understanding, I go to the GenX tab/pane, select the Source button, select (for instance) Genesis from that, it loads all the relevant bits and bobs for that particular generation base character.  You then load into the scene the (for instance) Genesis character you want to convert to a later Genesis generation, then click the Select button on the GenX pane and pick (for instance) .Get Values from Figure in Scene. but when I do that, I get an error telling me Some morphs were not found in the figure.  If I instead, next try clicking Select and pick Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values, it doesn't give any error.  If I then uncollapse each of the items listed in the GenX pane, I notice that the only thing checkboxed on the left most column is 4 items under the (region) Actor section: each of the ones named Basic Child 

In any event, I have Target set to Genesis 3 Male, and when I hit Transfer, it does a quick flurry of stuff in the window that pops up, and then the window disappaers.  Now when I load the G3M base character, and in the Parameters for him go to the Actor on that and dial in Genesis and dial in Basic Child, the G3M takes on the right shape, but doesn't reduce down in scale ro match the original, I have to manually set him to Scale 54%, but he at least doessn't arrive upside down and undernerath the floor-plane this time around.

On the other hand, if I apply any kind of pose, he distorts. It's as if none of the JCMs transfered,

Incidentally, at the start of this, when I went to Source and loaded Genesis, I got the following output:

GenX - Loading figure: GenesisLoading figure ...C:/Users/David/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsfLoading morphs ...Error reading morph file:E:/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs//askance/CloneDawn.dsfAnalyzing dependencies ...

Any idea what is going on here?  This is really frustrating.

GenX2 Genesis Basic Child to G3M 1 -- 20230117.png
    1920 x 1050 - 466K
  • Okay, I've since discovered that the "bones" on the converted character aren't alligned to the joints.  I would have thought that would have been handled automatically by GenX2, such that when you later load the resulting character shape onto the relevant base character, the bones are right, but it didn't.  Did I leave a step out somewhere?  Or did something get corrupted in my copy of Genx2, or in Daz Studio, so that it's failing to do this bit?  frown