Reactivating a previous Studio

I recently upgraded my Studio to 4.21 so that I may take advantage of the G9 figure.  But ever since upgrading, I run into either major bugs (which I've reported) or other minor bugs/issues of features that were once reliable. This is a growing frustration. I work with DAZ just about EVERYDAY for the past 5 years solid.

Now I want to know If I can reactivate the previous DAZ version that worked reliably.

Does anyone know if I'm able to and what are the steps? Who do I need to contact?

Comments

• Did you make back-ups of the old installers (the main aplication and the plug-ins)?

• I might... not sure. Do you happen to know the last installer version numbers?

• I'm working with a DAZ tech guy named Gunnar on several bugs that I've reported. I probably should wait to see if he needs anything else from me to help him out....

But if there's no resolution soon, I will need to reinstall to an earlier version because my personal work load demands it.

I used to keep all my DAZ application downloads until I throught it was too redundant. So here's hoping that I do have a copy. Now that I need to reinstall I see the value of keeping old downloads this doesn't help my paranoia. :)

I checked my DAZ account library and found an inactive version title :"DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Win32" and found that I have this one backed up on my external drive. Is this the last previous version?

• I'm afraid 4.5.1.56 is really old - a lot of things would not work in it. That's about the first non-beta release, and is available with the SDK since that is the minimum version for the SDK, but it lacks Iray, dForce, it uses the old Valentina database, and so on.

• I also have an zip of a "DazCentral_1.5.0.20_Win64"... is this the application?

• Daz Central is a simlified UI for Install Manager.

• My shortcut to the previous version says "DAZ Studio 4.15 (64 Bit)"

Do you have any idea what installer range I would be looking for?

• I think late 4.15 or early 4.16 should cover most things, but not Genesis 9.