Rendering Problem

Everytime I try to do a render of this scene im working on it freezes my whole pc and ive to shut it down, any idea whats happening

ive tried reducing cores allocated to daz but same thing happened 

2023-01-07 22:54:45.986 [INFO] Iray :: Initializing...2023-01-07 22:54:45.987 - Pastebin.com

Comments

• It would be more helpful to post the full log file. Are you sure the system is actually frozen, not just busy?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The symptom usually means, you are running out of RAM, how much do you have?

• Richard Haseltine said:

It would be more helpful to post the full log file. Are you sure the system is actually frozen, not just busy?

it freezes and ive to shut the power button off as them ouse does not move, could try again to get the full log file if needed  

• PerttiA said:

16.0 GB 

• tried again and same thing, here is the full log
  • seems the full log file is too big to post
  • Attachments are frequently not working - try putting it up elsewhere (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox) and posting a link.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

oconnordavid16 said:

PerttiA said:

16.0 GB 

That's not much and when you run out, the operating system starts using your harddrive as an extension, and that is when your computer gets sluggish, if it doesn't crash 

Attachments are frequently not working - try putting it up elsewhere (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox) and posting a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/unmk1tupb5k6y42/log.txt?dl=0

• It appears to stop just before it logs the building of the render scene (Loading Scene Graph should be the enxt step) which does support the idea that it is memory running out - as does the long list of textures.

It appears to stop just before it logs the building of the render scene (Loading Scene Graph should be the enxt step) which does support the idea that it is memory running out - as does the long list of textures.

Ah I see, is there any way to sort this?  

• You could try reducing the size of the textures, or even remove them completely in favour of a flat colour for things that are small in the final render.

• the scene has a big city, im only using the bridge part for it but there is no way to seperate it to remove the city

• how do I reduce textures? 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

oconnordavid16 said:

how do I reduce textures? 

You cn take the textures into an image editing program and scale them down there. I would save them under a new name and then you would have to replcea the textures with the new.

Or you can use something like https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer

• felis said:

oconnordavid16 said:

how do I reduce textures? 

You cn take the textures into an image editing program and scale them down there. I would save them under a new name and then you would have to replcea the textures with the new.

Or you can use something like https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer

I guess that scen optimizer is my only chance so though will have to leave it for now, thanks