Renaming the assets of the Smart Content tab

For example, some hair materials have the wise name "Hair 20" and I have no clue which hair can modify. So, can I edit some dsx or files to rename them to add a prefix and not barking the product? I think duf files are binary and dsx are text files.

One quick fix I could do is add a watermark on the PNG miniatures so I have a clue on which product they belong to, but if some batch text replacement can be done in some txt file it would be great.

Can I rename the assets on the Smart Content tab?

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited January 2023

You can rename products in Content Library>Products

Select the product, right-click select Rename, rename the product, click OK.

Edit: Existing metadata should be unaffected. I have no idea if changing the product name affects DIM, DAZ Central or DAZ Connect update notifications or if the product name will be changed back (if it's tracking the SKU for updates) if there is an update.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • RafaelRafael Posts: 133

Thank you for the response. smiley

I was thinking if it was possible to modify the name in the folder of the content itself. After all, the names should be stored somewhere in a text file I presume. Or probably they are the name of the duf file itself. I will test renaming some.

• Do you mean folder or category names?

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

rafael_f12aa018 said:

Can I rename the assets on the Smart Content tab?

With assets you're referring to entries, right?  Because with all due respect, I would definitely strongly advice against renaming products because that won't do a thing here. I'm not too sure that it won't mess things up.

Yes, you can definitely rename assets but the trick is: what you see in the smart contents pane is merely a "reflection" or copy if you will of the actual item. Rename the original and your "smart entry" will follow.

So:

• Right click on the entry, use: "Show Asset in => Content Library -> Mapped folder".
    • A second pane (the content library) should now open showing you the same item.
    • Right click on this item and then use "Rename".
    • Give the item a new name, done.

The change won't be instant in your smarts contents pane, right click on the folder / category entry and then use the "Refresh" option, now you'll see your renamed item.

• RafaelRafael Posts: 133

Ok. I am running some tests this week. I need to find some time.