Product Not Installing Properly - RESOLVED

friqensteinfriqenstein Posts: 49

https://www.daz3d.com/mad-for-plaid-texture-resource-

I purchased the mad-for-plaid textures and used DIM to install it, but it is no where to be found in my products pane. I've also looked in the Content Library and there is nothing; a search also turns up nothing.

I uninstalled it with DIM and then reinstalled with just the same results.

Is there some 'special' way to get this one to work?

Regards.

Post edited by friqenstein on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

You won't. It doesn't work that way. This is simply a folder full of plaid swatches. See the ReadMe and File List to see where they are, or open the zip file to see the folder structure.. You can use them in the Surfaces tab wherever a bitmap is loaded, like Base Color. You must navigate to the folder to select one of the bitmaps. There are no other settings to load, you must deal with them yourself, maybe with another's shader product that has bump maps for surface texturing and other settings for roughness, gloss, or metal flakes, if you want.

• You can also drag-and-drop a map from a file browser onto a model or onto a mappable property slider in the Surfaces pane

• Ahh, okay. I was wondering if it was something like that.

I already went through the zip file and saw all of the image files and thumbs, so I was wondering if they could be used that way.
    Thanks for the insight.

Regards.