daz obj fitted in MD got geometry not match

Hello friends,

I tried to follow the link below to use MD to fit Daz cloth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9o8skP9kLc

For some reason I could not get the same result. Instead, a "Geometry Not Match" error is what I got.

By comparing the vertex and faces, I found that vertex count are the same but the faces.

It looks like MD change the quad to triangula faces. Is there any way to ask MD to preserve the faces from Daz obj?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Best,

Josh

PS: screenshots were attached for your reference.

The while one is the cloth obj fitted in MD and imported back to Daz. The blue one is the original one.

The vertex count of the MD fitted is 7768 while faces count is 15064.

The original one has the same vertex count while faces count is less than the MD fitted obj.

MD morph q1.JPG
995 x 641 - 106K
MD morph q2.JPG
637 x 446 - 33K
MD morph q3.JPG
510 x 450 - 31K
Post edited by ctaco147_214bd9a4 on

Comments

• Which sports bra is that? It's set up as a GeoGraft, judging by the scene info, and that may be the root of your problem. Morph Loader pro does have an option for handling grafts.

• Hello Richard,

Thank you for taking a look at this issue.

I'm not sure if it is a GeoGraft, but it looks like it not a GeoGraft. It is from the basic wear package.

The same issue happens to all clothings. This sport bar is just an example.

Best,

Josh

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited January 2023
    Edit: oops just read post properly
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited January 2023
    There used to be an option in md to quadrangulate, not sure if its still there. Not to be confused with remesh
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • Although the vertex count is right several detail look diferent in your Scen Infor pane (and not just because you have only the base resolution):

Name :

SportsBra_7768

Label :

Basic Wear Sports Bra

Class :

DzFigure

Vertices :

30,602 / 7,768

Triangles :

0 / 0

Quads :

30,128 / 7,532

Total Faces :

30,128 / 7,532

Total Lines :

0 / 0

:

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited January 2023

* EDIT:  Nevermind, after writing all that I remembered all the times Morph Loader Pro still imported OBJ's for morph targets with corrupted vertex ordering, and MLP did not fail with a Geometry Not Match error.

Hope you get it sorted, because it should work, but without someone trying the with the same meshes and same instances of DS/MD, it is a crapshoot in the dark...

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Although the vertex count is right several detail look diferent in your Scen Infor pane (and not just because you have only the base resolution):

Name :

SportsBra_7768

Label :

Basic Wear Sports Bra

Class :

DzFigure

Vertices :

30,602 / 7,768

Triangles :

0 / 0

Quads :

30,128 / 7,532

Total Faces :

30,128 / 7,532

Total Lines :

0 / 0

:

Hello Richard,

I didn't do anything on it. This sport bra was straight from the library, and then export to an OBJ file for MD to import.

Best,

Josh