DAZ Rendering type

I'm curious about the rendering type of Daz that everyone uses.
When I use Daz's basic rendering, I'm not satisfied with the dull light, so I'm using Daz's octane render, but I'm having a hard time because I don't have much explanation. (light, hair texture, etc.)
May I know how to render other people?

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

I use Iray exclusively. Is that what you are calling 'DAZ's basic rendering'?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited January 2023

Even in 3DL you can get great renders, but the biggest obstacle is getting the proper lighting. If you don't have it all your renders will turn out bland and flat usually. Iray is what is mostly used now.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

No rendering engine is necessarily better than any other. The question is usually "better at what"? Different rendering engines have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, if you're after photorealism, Octane and Iray are better choices than 3Delight (although 3Delight can get close to photorealism as well, it just takes a little more effort), and each have their pros and cons; for toony styles, especially cel-shaded or line art looks, Iray is the worst choice of the three, although, again, it's possible to do that with Iray. Personally, I use Iray in DS, as I don't think Octane looks so much better than Iray that it's worth the extra hassle.

• 프리자트 가 말했다.

나는 Iray를 독점적으로 사용합니다. 그것이 당신이 'DAZ의 기본 렌더링'이라고 부르는 것입니까?

Yes! Thank you for the information :)

• covalt420covalt420 Posts: 11
    edited January 2023

frank0314 가 말했습니다.

3DL에서도 훌륭한 렌더링을 얻을 수 있지만 가장 큰 장애물은 적절한 조명을 얻는 것입니다. 당신이 그것을 가지고 있지 않다면 당신의 모든 렌더링은 일반적으로 단조롭고 평평하게 될 것입니다. Iray는 현재 주로 사용되는 것입니다.

Is 3DL also a rendering provided by Daz as a standard?

Could you tell me how it's different rendering from Iray? Are the rendering settings and buttons different?
    I've never heard of 3DL rendering before, so I'm curious.

Post edited by covalt420 on
  • covalt420covalt420 Posts: 11
    edited January 2023

고르딕 은 이렇게 말했습니다.

어떤 렌더링 엔진도 반드시 다른 것보다 낫지는 않습니다. 질문은 일반적으로 "무엇을 더 잘"합니까? 다른 렌더링 엔진은 서로 다른 강점과 약점을 가지고 있습니다. 예를 들어 포토리얼리즘을 추구하는 경우 Octane과 Iray가 3Delight보다 더 나은 선택입니다(3Delight도 포토리얼리즘에 가까워질 수 있지만 약간의 노력이 더 필요함). 각각 장단점이 있습니다. toony 스타일, 특히 셀 쉐이드 또는 라인 아트 룩의 경우 Iray는 세 가지 중 최악의 선택이지만 다시 Iray로 그렇게 할 수 있습니다. 개인적으로 저는 DS에서 Iray를 사용합니다. Octane이 Iray보다 훨씬 좋아보이지 않아 추가 번거로움을 감수할 가치가 있다고 생각하지 않기 때문입니다.

Thank you for your detailed opinion!
    I think Octane is better in texture, but it's hard because I don't have much information :(
    It was a shame that the color of the screen and the result were different when rendered with Iray (I felt it. It's darker and more flat.)
    Is lighting the part that can be supplemented with Iray? 

Post edited by covalt420 on