Font size in DAZ

How do I make the font sizes larger in DAZ, for instance when it comes to the content tree and names on items? 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

not an option as far as I know

• On Windows Daz Studio will respect the global font scaling setting.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited January 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

On Windows Daz Studio will respect the global font scaling setting.

I tried to change that, it didn't help. Not even when closing and re-starting DAZ
    And if I change to another theme, the sliders get too large and bulky and take up too much space. 

Post edited by Hera on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

The only way I've found to make the font appear larger is to buy a 42" monitor, set it to 2560X1440 resolution, and run Studio in a window that is sized to whatever feels comfortable to you. I also set the desktop background to black and hide all of the desktop icons.
    Right now I'm running Studio in a window that matches a 37" monitor in size, and the font appears large enough to be readable. We've been complaining about small fonts in Studio for a while, I doubt if they'll be enlarged any time soon.

• Oh dear. I love the 42" monitor solution, but...

Our main TV is 26", so the thought of having something so much bigger just to 'play with 3d dollies' (as my wife occasionally calls using DS). Makes me smile just a little. 

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Petercat said:

We've been complaining about small fonts in Studio for a while, I doubt if they'll be enlarged any time soon.

Not before the next major revision (=DS 5) that has newer version of Qt

DS 4 is still following the old standard, where the size of icons and texts was 'tied' to pixels, ie. the bigger the resolution, the smaller the icons and texts were if the size of the monitor stayed the same.

• Daz does not respect the global font scaling, at least on Windows 11.  But there is a partial fix in Windows 10 & 11.

Light text on a 27" monitor is readable but on a 32" monitor it becomes one pixal wide and almost semi-transparent..  Can't imagine a 42" monitor.  The problem is worse with HDR on.  The problem is worse if your layout is white text on a dark background.

The fix:

-Close Daz

-locate the DAZStudio.exe file or the shortcut you use to start Daz

-Right click and select select properties

-Click Compatibility tab

-In the settings box click Change high DPI settings

-Select the box under Program DPI (Use the setting to fix scaling problems...)

-Under High DPI Scaling Behavior, select the Override high scaling behavior box

-Under that select System in the drop down box.

-Clcik Ok, Apply, Ok

-Close the properties window

-Restart Daz

This does not make the text any larger but does make the light text much easier to read.

This has to be done every time DAZ is updated

You can also try running the ClearText app for Windows to make all the text on your pc easeir to read.  In the windows search bar type "cttune" and run through it on the monitor (and color space) that you run Daz on.