content confusion

I restored my windows, and kept files on my harddrive. After reinstaling DAZ studio, there does not appear any content in my contentliberary.
All the files are located in my old place, but I dont know how ti make it wisible for DAZ, or where to move them, and the liberary system appears to me to be a jungle.
I have installed alot of different contend over some years, but have not really got down to realy understanding how this works.
The current version is 4.21, And I suppose it is a upgrade from befre the restoration of windows.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• mailapeturmailapetur Posts: 14
    edited January 2023

My Liberary ... My DAZ 3D liberary ... well, where to put the content?

And, there is alot of double up content, because I have over time copied content into liberaries, and stopped when it appears in the program ... without knowing why 

Post edited by mailapetur on
  • Right-click on Daz Studio Formats in the Content Library and select Add New Base Directory. Browse to and select the folder that contains the Runtime and Data folders. If there are two such folders, one inside the other, you need to select one and merge the other with it (having additional content directories that are not inside others is fine). Do the same for Poser Formats, this time selecting Add New Runtime Directory - again, you want the folder with the Data and Runtime folders inside it.

Having doen that, right-click on the tab of the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, check reimport Metadata, and Accept. In the next dialogue you would again select everything and click Accept. That should rebuild the CMS Database, used by Smart Content and the presets tabs in many property panes (among other things).

• Thank you. 

• If I want to remove some item, say some installed figures, or room or something ... so if I want to remove it from the daz program, and alto remove all the associated files, how would I do that?

• Uninstall it, using the emthod you used to install. If it was manual then you will need to find and remove the files, and clear any metadata assigned or imported for the item.