Environments fuzzy render

hello, can anybody tell me how can i get a clear render when adding environments ? my render comes out clear when my character has no background but when i add a house or a room with character the render come out fuzzy.

Comments

• Fuzzy or noisy/grainy, like a photo with too high an ISO value?

• Lilken69Lilken69 Posts: 3
    edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Fuzzy or noisy/grainy, like a photo with too high an ISO value?

the render always look Fuzzy/grainy 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,766

Can you post an example render (I know the upload feature is broken but you can use an alternative image site) and also the render settings you are using?

It sounds from the breif description that you are perhaps exceeding your graphics card vram and so the render is falling back to CPU (which means it will take WAY longer to get the same result) and thus the render settings are stopping the render early.

• I was trying to clasrify what you meant by fuzzy. It sounds as if the light sources are all external - an HDRI, Sun/Sky, or Distant Lights. As such, when you add an enclosed scene around the render 9geenrally background means an image, either an HDR wrapped around the scene or a flat backdrop image) you are blocking most or all of the light, and it therefore takes a long time for each point to receive enough light rays to settle on a final value - right now some points get hit by a light ray and may be brighter than expected while othes haven't been hit at all and are black. Ideally add local lights within the enclosed space 9and make sure that the Environment Mode setting is one that includes Scene) or give the process a lot longer to complete.

edited June 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Can you post an example render (I know the upload feature is broken but you can use an alternative image site) and also the render settings you are using?

It sounds from the breif description that you are perhaps exceeding your graphics card vram and so the render is falling back to CPU (which means it will take WAY longer to get the same result) and thus the render settings are stopping the render early.

room1.png ‎- Photos (gyazo.com)       room2.png ‎- Photos (gyazo.com)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

I was trying to clasrify what you meant by fuzzy. It sounds as if the light sources are all external - an HDRI, Sun/Sky, or Distant Lights. As such, when you add an enclosed scene around the render 9geenrally background means an image, either an HDR wrapped around the scene or a flat backdrop image) you are blocking most or all of the light, and it therefore takes a long time for each point to receive enough light rays to settle on a final value - right now some points get hit by a light ray and may be brighter than expected while othes haven't been hit at all and are black. Ideally add local lights within the enclosed space 9and make sure that the Environment Mode setting is one that includes Scene) or give the process a lot longer to complete.

oooooooo i need to learn lighting 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,766

Yeah, those scenes are very dark and so, as Richard says, the render will take longer to "complete".

If you need some more info on lighting you can check out the relevant videos in the Masterclass.

If you are going for a darker scene and the render is naturally "finishing" when you don't think it should then you can try increasing the "Max time (secs)" from the Progressive Rendering section of the Render Settings. The default value is 7,200 (2 hours).