Renders crashing and screen going black

Hi, for some reason over the past few days I haven't been able to render much of anything. Daz3d has been crashing more, stopping my renders just as quick as they start, or making my screen go black, or even causing my computer to restart.

I'm wondering what I could do from a Daz angle to investigate or maybe adjust my settings, or if anyone has the experiences, what the likely culprit could be. I use a 3080ti with 12GB Ram and haven't rendered anything too stressful compared to previous renderings. Thank you.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Sounds like the computer is overheating. Open it up, clean the fans and make sure all the components are seated properly (sometimes they can work loose when heating up and cooling)

• Fishtales said:

Sounds like the computer is overheating. Open it up, clean the fans and make sure all the components are seated properly (sometimes they can work loose when heating up and cooling)

Okay thanks. I'll get it looked at then when I'm next off work 

• Sounds more like a faulty system than something related to Daz.

Run some stress tests of you RAM, GPU, VRAM, etc. to see if / which one is the culprit.

OCCT, Video Memory Stress Test, GPUMemTest, etc.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DefaultName said:

Hi, for some reason over the past few days I haven't been able to render much of anything. Daz3d has been crashing more, stopping my renders just as quick as they start, or making my screen go black, or even causing my computer to restart.

The first thing that comes to mind, is a failing PSU (Power Supply Unit) 

• Still having issues. Here is my error log

2023-01-06 14:44:48.906 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - OPTX:RENDER ::   1.22  OPTX   rend error: Error destroying OptixPipeline event (CUDA error string: the launch timed out and was terminated, CUDA error code: 702)
    2023-01-06 14:44:48.906 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: optixPipelineDestroy(pop_ptr(m_pipeline)) failed: CUDA error
    2023-01-06 14:44:48.906 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - OPTX:RENDER ::   1.22  OPTX   rend error: Error synching on OptixPipeline event (CUDA error string: the launch timed out and was terminated, CUDA error code: 702)
    2023-01-06 14:44:48.906 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - OPTX:RENDER ::   1.22  OPTX   rend error: Error destroying OptixPipeline event (CUDA error string: the launch timed out and was terminated, CUDA error code: 702)
    2023-01-06 14:44:48.906 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.22  IRAY   rend error: optixPipelineDestroy(pop_ptr(m_pipeline)) failed: CUDA error

I read a previous thread to maybe turn the voltage up? I'm going to try Afterburner for now, but otherwise never encountered this before

Those look like driver errors.

• Fishtales said:

Those look like driver errors.

Okay. I did download the new drivers this morning and so far I haven't seen it. By driver errors, would you mean that it's possiblly a problem with Nvidea's older drivers? Or still a possible fault to look into on my end?

I moved on to a new scene so won't really know if I have this problem again, got tired ofit crashing and only tested once after installing the new ones and it seemed fine but I didn't render all the way through, scene was too big. 

It looked like the driver as they were Cuda errors so maybe the driver had got corrupted somehow. The new driver might have corrected that.