What do these messages mean? [solved by installing D/S outside of program folder]

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247

What do these messages mean?

Everything seems to be working but sometimes I get these messages and then sometimes I don't.

Just started happening on new computer.

W11Pro

In English Please.png
647 x 496 - 372K
And this one.png
649 x 484 - 334K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 226
    edited January 2023

Hi Catherine,

Does the local account you log onto the new pc have local admin permissions ? It basically looks like Daz is trying to write to the config file in C:/Program Files/Daz 3D/DazStudio4 but cannot access that folder. First thing to do is check that file path exists by pasting that address into the address bar under windows explorer (file manager). If it exists right click on the folder and go to properties then the security tab. Check the account you log into has permission to read/write to that folder (you will see the accounts listed - such as system, admin, your local account name and/or everyone depeding on how your pc is setup). Click on your account name and make sure all options are ticked if not click on edit then click on fuill control. This will give Daz access under your account to do what it needs to do. 

If you are logged in as a different account that the one you installed Daz with that can also cause issues.

Good luck,

David

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • I only have the 1 account that I'm using.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled D/S. I tried giving permissions to all the things listed:

"all application packages"
    "all restricted application packages"
    "creator owner"
    "system"
    "administrators (name of computer\Administrators)"
    "Users (name of computer\Users)"
    "trustedinstaller"

The "creator owner" has 'nothing' and won't accept any permissions.

On my last install of D/S, I installed that as Administrator. But one cannot run D/S as Administrator.

Also, the folders in the program folder, are 'read only' and that apparently cannot be changed. One can go through the motions, but the changes will not take.

• Well it definitely had something to do with whatever in/of the program folder. Solution, forget that program folder. I have reinstalled it to another folder outside of the OS's claws, and now D/S loaded without any error messages.

Thank you David for trying to help me. Much appreciated.