XTransfer morphs not loading in 4.21. [Solved]

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,950

...not sure why this is happening but morphs on characters I transferred using XTransfer do not show when I open a character (created in an earlier version of Daz) in the 4.21.0.5 general release.  Instead a message box pops up mentioning that the morphs I used could not be found.  On the product page it lists 4.21 as "Compatible Software". 

I remember seeing something a while back about issues like this bit cannot remember the thread it was in and the forum search is pretty much useless.  I even "Googled" the and the only link was to the product page.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Comments

• Oh wow :-( Looks like Google has 'new and improved' their search engine again, egaads.

I think this might be the thread you're after: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341526/xtransfer-module-1-genesis-3-to-genesis-8-morph-converter-commercial/#lates

It's "sensitive" in the most recent edition. Some posts on the last page may be of interest/help.

• What is the message? Are the content directory settings the same as before?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,950
    edited January 2023

...here's a screenshot.  I have no trouble with it in 4.20 but this is the message that pops up when I load the character in 4.21.(even the G2 morph that was transferred to G3F using GenerationX2 works fine in 4.20. I've made nio changes to the content linbrary settings for a long time.

XTransfer error.png
    690 x 312 - 18K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Normally DS only gives you missing DSF messages from bad parent data, or when the DSF file is being "called" from within a character preset/subset/scene, rest of the time it's a "Formula output property not found" in the log.

The fact they work in 4.20 rules those out as they would be doing it there as well, does make me wonder if there's been a change in 4.21 that alters how the DSON code is processed.

• Is this with both versions of DS installed on the same system, from the same release channel (both General Release or both Public Build)? If so How are you installing?

edited January 2023

...Richard,  both are on the same system though one is a General release (4.21.0.5) and the other a Public release (4.20.1.43).  The message only comes up when I load a character that uses XTransfer morphs in the General 4.21 release.

• Is XTransfer writing to the same content directory as the installers?

...I found out they go to C:/Users/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library.  Shouldn't these go to where I my content library is located (D:) as for some reason 4.21 doesn't see this folder? ( I also don't use C: for content libraries as that is a small drive intended only for boot  and programme purposes.

• I don't use XTransfer but the screnshots on the Product page show that you can set the content diectory to use

(top of the middle image). You should be able to move the fils across to the correct content directory, however.

..thanks.  Apparently the script defaults to the Public Documents folder.  So will I have to "re-export" the morphs again or can I simply move them from the Documents location to the Data folder on D:?

• As far as the morphs go, just move them. I don't know whether the script tracks what it has done in another location, and whether it cares about which content directory was used if it does.

edited January 2023

...thanks I'll change the target in the script as well and see if the new destination replaces the default one. 

ETA:

Just verified that the Xtransfer morphs appear in 4.21 as well as transferred a few morphs ti reset the target and everything's fine now.

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 97

And now it's crashing and not working on 4.22... What a mess...

• rokkr said:

And now it's crashing and not working on 4.22... What a mess...

Doing what? Any crash report message?