Rendering problem Iteration slow while rendering or stoped.

Orffeus-ArtOrffeus-Art Posts: 43

Hi,

since yesterday I have a problem with rendering, when rendering, the iteration slows down to the point that it almost does not move, or it stops completely, but time continues. This has never happened to me, does anyone know what could be causing it, or how to solve it?

Post edited by Orffeus-Art on

Comments

• What are your system details? Assuming you have a supprted nVidia GPU and driver is it possible that the scene is running out of memory on the GPU and dropping to CPU?

• Orffeus-ArtOrffeus-Art Posts: 43
    edited December 2022

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz // 48,0 GB RAM // RTX 3070TI // 

That won't do it. I normally rendered more demanding scenes. It's strange, if it went slowly from the beginning, I would understand, a very demanding scene, but this is how it normally goes, e.g. at 1000 iterations per min. and then in 20 min. it will do 50 iterations or not move at all. This has never happened to me so it seems strange to me. I also tried the Scene optimizer, in case it helped, but it didn't help either, it should be noted that the optimizer always helped. Edit: The iteration is different, 1000, 8000, it's just random when it starts. The iteration is different, 1000, 8000, it's just random when it starts. Then I turn DAZ off and on a few times and it renders normally.

Post edited by Orffeus-Art on
  • It can be surprising how deamnding a given scene is. Go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File - scan back through the messages relting to the render looking for errors and checking the final report of what it did.

• So far it's running normally, so we'll see. I will write more when it continues. Maybe it was some momentary bug. I just thought that an asset could do this, is it possible?

• Some surfaces can be more demanding than others, and some paths might encoutner more of them than others if there is a lot of bouncing, but I would expect the variation in time per iteration to be much less systematic than you were seeing since the paths are scattered pseudo-randomly. So no, I would not expect an asset to make the later part of the scene slower to render if the work was still being doen by the same hardware - for what that may be worth.