Eyelash Problem

PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

I have applied the Base Male Beautiful Skin Base, and huge eyelashes appear, like with a bucketload of mascara, and don't disappear during the render. Prior to applying the Skin Base the eyelashes fade to a correct look as the render gets under way.

I' think that this is not the fault of Beautifull Skin Iray, as there is a black line around the bottom of the eye, as if eye pencil had been applied right up to and even sightly onto the eyeball, prior to Beautifull Skin Base being applied, though the eyelashes look right at that stage.

I have played with all kinds of shader settings without success.

I can get away with no eyelashes by hiding layers 1&2 and applying the Base Skin, but even then I still have the "eye pencil" like line at the bottom of the eye.

Help would be appreciated.

Post edited by Patroklos on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Sounds like it's an opacity map problem...is the eyelash map getting put in the cutout opacity 'slot'?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366

The other possibility is that the UV has been altered.

scorpio said:

The other possibility is that the UV has been altered.

Yeah...check that the UV setting is correct...

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

Thanks, how would I do that?

Look in the sufaces...what UV set is the eyelash surface using? (it will be somewhere in the surface parameters)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

The issue with Beautiful Skin Iray and eyelashes is that for certain textures and setups -- but not all of them -- the preset changes the shader to omUberSurface instead of Iray Uber, because that's what the original DAZ setup for Iray Uber did, apparently. At the same time, it strips the transmap out of the cutout opacity slot. While BSI does change the surface shader to omUberSurface every time, it doesn't strip out the eyelashes every time -- it seems to depend very much on how the original texture was set up.

The quick fix is to select the Eyelashes surface, change the shader to Iray Uber, and then put the eyelashes texture back into opacity (and sometimes also in Base Color, depending on the character setup).

Yes, a ticket has been opened regarding this issue with DAZ support. Which ... I think is all I will say regarding that.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

Vwrangler is correct.  We're working on an update.

• Has the issue been corrected, yet?

• How's this going?

• rafed_alwanirafed_alwani Posts: 26
    edited December 2021

So where do I find the eyelashes texture? which directory?

vwrangler said:

The issue with Beautiful Skin Iray and eyelashes is that for certain textures and setups -- but not all of them -- the preset changes the shader to omUberSurface instead of Iray Uber, because that's what the original DAZ setup for Iray Uber did, apparently. At the same time, it strips the transmap out of the cutout opacity slot. While BSI does change the surface shader to omUberSurface every time, it doesn't strip out the eyelashes every time -- it seems to depend very much on how the original texture was set up.

The quick fix is to select the Eyelashes surface, change the shader to Iray Uber, and then put the eyelashes texture back into opacity (and sometimes also in Base Color, depending on the character setup).

Yes, a ticket has been opened regarding this issue with DAZ support. Which ... I think is all I will say regarding that.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

"om" means it is by Omnifreaker and is a 3Delight shader.